• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Nutrient burn?

Anyone with experience with nutrient burn can you take a look at this and give your input?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375635872.722586.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375636134.690723.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375636156.557416.jpg

Some information on the plant:
Trinidad scorpion moruga blend
Never been outside, grown in grow room.
Deep water culture

Reasons why I don't think it is nutrient burn:
Part of my stressed plant experiment
The other plant which is stressed does not have the problem although it has a higher nutrient concentration to cause an abnormally high EC as well as additional chemicals. The problem leaf came from the control plant which gets nutrient concentrations as per the manufacturer specifications.

Nute burn no. Calcium deficiency/lockout more than likely. I looked it up because I had this on the leaves of my previous coco grow. It would be helpful to know:

- What nutes are you using?
- What is the ppm strength of the nutes you are feeding
- Are you using tap or bottled/RO water?
- What is the PH balance of the nutrient solution?

Neil

I am using tap. It comes out PH 6.7 I lower it to 5.8ish. Tap ppm is ~200 after nutes its around 800-900. I posted about this and they said I was probably burning them but I was using higher ppm's at that time around 1100. This is on a 500 scale btw. Then they became worse so I lowered it to what I just wrote above. They seem to be getting slightly better but even the new leaves are still showing signs. I feed nute water water as appose to nute nute nute which I was doing. I have been on this cycle for the past 2 weeks. Not sure how long it takes to recover from nute burn if that's what it was. I initially thought what you did and added some Cal mag but since I lowered the nutes I'm not sure what exactly slowed it down. I am using advance nutrients Sensi grow A and B and a couple other ones from there line.Here are some pics:

yUyijgq.jpg

b38FYGw.jpg

AipozwW.jpg

AX4J9vs.jpg

This is a choc douglah btw. Probably about 2-3 months old? I cut off some of the foliage because it was trying to flower but it seems its going to do it anyway so I'm just going to let her do her thing. I'm growing it indoors the temp stays at 79ish when the lights are on and the humidity is around 49%. Light cycle is 18/6.

I'd dial the nutrients way down. Perhaps nothing for a while. Give it a chance to run through its storage and recover. 

I don't think the spots on the older leaves will ever go away. They didn't for me, but then again I also culled the plants early on because they weren't what I wanted. Keep an eye on the new leaves and see if they have the same signs. That's where I noticed the changes.

In terms of overall ppm, I had to keep my levels around 500-600. I'm still holding under 600ppm with RO water and may experiment with higher levels once I get my plants out into full sunlight.

I'm still looking around trying to find a picture, but I'm not entirely convinced that it's a calcium problem. It seems that there could be a few deficiencies that could cause this as well as fungus (e.g. "target spot")

Neil

Well Ill just keep watering them for a while and see what happens. I have noticed a lot of the leaves keep dropping off. I'm not sure if its because of stress or if it is diseased. I'm hoping its just because I burned them and they recover. Overall the stalk looks healthy but I'm no expert. I appreciate the help btw.

Back