• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrient change

hey THP
I have grown a habanero plant my usual way ,good soil and liquid organic food from gardencenter, gave me some nice hot pods
now she's looks a bit hungry and again its time to feed her, but i ask myself if i can use the three part "flora serie" nutes that i bought for my dwc
i know this is for hydro or soil without nutes (lightmix) 
i wonder what strenght or better ec+ value i should start, i tought someting of ec+1.00 or something ?
also the ratio of the three part nute regim is something i like to talk bout
also i guess i have to use nutes every watering? anybody familiar with these nutes on soil?

thanks in advance and have good day 
grtz 

General Hydroponics directions for soil (drain to waste) is here.

IMHO, this is geared towards the 720 crew and the nutes are likely too strong for peppers. Personally, I would make it 50-60% as strong as they recommend and go from there.

Also, peppers are no pot. There is no specific bloom or grow phase. Use balanced nutrients. They will thank you for it.

Jeff H said:
General Hydroponics directions for soil (drain to waste) is here.

IMHO, this is geared towards the 720 crew and the nutes are likely too strong for peppers. Personally, I would make it 50-60% as strong as they recommend and go from there.

Also, peppers are no pot. There is no specific bloom or grow phase. Use balanced nutrients. They will thank you for it.
When you say balanced, do you mean to use equal parts of each GMB?

I am using advanced nutrients jungle juice 3 parts 

Well, I use a two part Flora duo so balanced for me is 50:50 each but what I really mean is 1/2 of the grow and 1/2 of the bloom nutes. What that works out to be with a 3 part package, I really don't know. 

Oh, and peppers like calcium. A lot! Sooner or later you will find the need for Cal-mag. 

would epsom salt (MgSO4) work instead of the calmag?
ok start with the nutes at 50% and work my way up
the npk of the micro is high on N so i better dont use much of that?

High N is good up until fruit set. You will need some source of Ca to prevent Blossom End Rot and regulate pH, whether you go with calmag, CaMg+, or something else.

Keep NPK ratio the same, ie, 1:1:1 or 2:2:2 as an example.

I never change and have great success with chiles.

Back