• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Nutrients and Supplements

For those using hydroponics or soil systems aided by say a drip irrigation how do you handle nutrients and possible supplements? I've read a few post comments in which people have stated that peppers rarely need much in the way of added nutrients not found in a well mixed grow medium so with that thinking would additives be unnecessary? Would bloom enhancers help much?

The advertising for these things seem like it would make a drastic effect in yield, flavor, etc. Still, I have a pretty good understanding with genetics so I'd like to read any comments that offer first hand experience or can show controlled tests, etc. If possible, of course; I just don't want to waste my money.

For hydro,As of Nutrients Pure blend pro grow and bloom have always done good for me.If i could only use one Supplements it would be Liquid karma,it seem to help the over all health of the plants quick with in a few days you can really notice growth in bio mass and root mass.For soil i've used the same, but this year i'm trying the General Organics line from GH.

All hydroponic nutes are sold/marketed to reefer growers, so the prices are RIDICULOUS! I've used Maxigro and Maxibloom for years without a hitch. it's the cheapest "complete" single stage formula. Don't believe all the hype about "mega yields" "super growth"...........

I will let you in on a little secret. Keep in mind that I'm not completely sold yet because I'm not done with my testing. I've seen great results so far. There is a company in Colorado called Hydro Gardens and they manufacture commercial nutrients. Their hobby formula specs out almost exactly to maxigro and it's cheaper than run of the mill Miraclegro. Their Tomato formula kicks ass! Here's their website http://www.hydro-gardens.com/all.htm

I've had great results dissolving Tomato-tone in water. At ~$5 for a 4-pound bag, and the need to dissolve a tablespoon of the stuff in a gallon of water - geez, the cost is next to nothing.

Mike

Back