misc nutritional content

is nutritional content required on hot sauce labels if you have you ingredients listed correctly? I personally just dont like the look of them. I have seen a few hot sauce that don't post nutritional content but wondering if that is a requirement that changes depending on where you are from.

No, its not required if the maker has an exemption on file with the FDA. Its free to file, must be renewed each year.
Also there is a maximum quantity the maker can produce in a year but I think its something like100,000 units.

SL is (partly) correct - I get to correct the corrector! :woohoo:

so it's an either/or.  I believe the 100K units a year # is accurate (might be 150K), but there's also a dollar threshold, like "either 100K units sold or $250,000 in gross sales" or something like that. The Google can help you to get the exact #s, so don't quote me, I'm going off the cuff. 

That said, it also depends on your application - if you're selling at farmers markets and a local fruit stand, you don't need the nutrition panel. However if you have any intention of selling at grocery stores or specialty shops, you need the nutrition panel, because they likely won't put it on their shelf without it. 

Cheers :cheers:

Hey! I was completely correct in what I said! I just wasn't complete in covering all the requirements.
And that didn't post the :razz: emoji
:lol:

Back