event NW Chilefest- Food Teaser Pics posted!

So finally got my spot for friday and sat nights. Spot 27 is mine and it is fitting as it was the same spot ann shared with tristan and me in 2012.

:cool: 

I should have space for someone to add a tent if needed. 

So i am working on a wheel of fire to spin each round of a heat eating contest. I figure the first person to finish each round gets to spin the wheel for the following rounds item. After the first couple rounds or when we get down to the last four the last person to finish could be eliminated. This would solve there being a tie again with our heavy hitters. For prizes i am growing in a heated greenhouse a few super hot peppers in large pots. If all gos well they will be loaded with ripe pods.

onefowl1 said:
So i am working on a wheel of fire to spin each round of a heat eating contest. I figure the first person to finish each round gets to spin the wheel for the following rounds item. After the first couple rounds or when we get down to the last four the last person to finish could be eliminated. This would solve there being a tie again with our heavy hitters. For prizes i am growing in a heated greenhouse a few super hot peppers in large pots. If all gos well they will be loaded with ripe pods.

oh yea...I loose :)

Oh Boy!  Chile Pepper Wheel Of Fortune???   Or Capsaicin Roulette?  Should be fun!  :dance:

Hey turbo, ya never know!  Gotta give it a go, right?  :mouthonfire:

Great, Smokin' James!  Looking forward to meeting you and your Lovely.

How it usually goes down is-

Friday evening people show up whenever, we do a salad and sandwich come-eat-when-you-want-to at one of the campsites.
Saturday morning- everyone's on their own for breakfast
Saturday afternoon- Pot Luck at the picnic shelter with all the day trippers.  Not sure what to do for the main meal.  What do y'all think about tacos?  Not very imaginative, but it's easy to do. 
Sunday morning- I'm hoping Hawkeye will do those Pecan Waffles that didn't make it at the last one due to a mechanical failure in the waffle iron, add some fried eggs and snausages?

And there's usually a good amount of shenanigans, spicyness and other tomfoolery. :lol:

I think tacos sound like a great choice as we can do a variety of ingredients to put in them and all can spice them up to their own level of heat desire. I can already see us loading up the heat on each other with mini taco sliders.

At the nursery we have a hispanic couple that make a lot of homemade food they share at work. I am having them make homemade soft tortillas with dried peppers mixed in the tortillas. Just think built in heat. lol 

Oh YEA!  That sounds like it could get pretty spicy!  Homemade tortillas are soooo good!  What can we share with them? 

I picked up site #28 for Fri and Sat nights.I'll be there too late for any mealtime on Friday,but I'm in for the other days.I can do the Pecan waffles on Sunday,
but I should find something else to cook them with.Rory and maybe his GF will likely be riding down with me.

AWESOME!  :dance:  Pecan Waffles!

I have a CI waffle iron that works great if that's what you're asking for (gas burner or electric, will figure that out).  Pretty sure I don't want to attempt cooking with the CI over the camp fire on Sunday Morning...... (where's the Hungover Smiley?  :lol:  ).  I also have an electric griddle that works great for sausages and eggs, even to the point of blowing up the butane lighter!  :eek:  (OOPS!  :lol:)

Time for another Bump!

Tacos were suggested for our Saturday PotLuck.  In the interest of keeping things simple, here's what I'd suggest-

I'll pre-cook about 10 pounds of taco meat which can be reheated onsite.  Does anyone want to do a crock pot of refried beans?  Heck, even canned beans reheated are fine!   There is electricity at the picnic shelter and also at campsites if someone wants to come early and hang out while the beans are heating. 
Then, of course, we'll need shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream, taco shells and tortillas,

Based on previous years' tasting table, I think the hot sauces will be covered....:lol:

Does anyone know of a good fresh local salsa?  ;) 

Last time, I think we started heading over to the shelter about 10-11am to set up.  Ended up eating around 2pm. 

I reserved a campsite for the chilifest.  
Number 14 - probably next to the toilet   :rofl:
I think my neighbor will be coming along as well.

Have we allocated stuff to bring yet?  If not, I'll bring
taco shells, extra tortillas and sour cream for Saturday.
What should I bring for breakfast on Sunday?
How about sandwich stuff for Friday evening?
Is it too early to start thinking about this?
I'll also bring a cooler full of brews

I am putting this on my bucket list.  I WILL make it to one of these one day.  You have to do something better than a jalapeno eating contest.   I love the Ramen idea!!!

AWESOME, PaulG!  Hope your neighbor can make it!

In the interest of convenience for those traveling from out of area, I'm hoping local folks who are day-tripping will chime in for hot stuff (beans) and cold stuff so those coming from out of area can bring dry goods like taco shells, bread, muffins, etc.

PaulG, let's keep your offer in mind and finalize what others can bring in a couple weeks. 

And JayT, we hope to see you out here SOON!!!!!   onefowl1 "might" have some cool plants for some kind of a contest.  Couple ideas being kicked around...maybe a "progressively hotter chile" eating contest.   

I'm totally down for the 10-drop ramen challenge....haven't heard much from the prospective victims.....I mean...CONTESTANTS! 

We will be there too Ann. I won't need a campsite since I can practically walk to the Park from my house. If anyone needs camping gear, such as tent, sleeping bags, chairs, etc. please let me know. I have a 6 man and 3 man tent that would love to be used. Also, I would be happy to give rides to the airport and back. Any out of towners this year?

JayT said:
I am putting this on my bucket list.  I WILL make it to one of these one day.  You have to do something better than a jalapeno eating contest.   I love the Ramen idea!!!

If you go, I do too....

Back