event NYC Fancy Foods Show

Nope, not close enough to my neck of the woods. Actually, nothing is :)

Have you attended before? Think there will be any hot & spicy vendors there?

Haven't attended before, but there are going to be quite a few hot food vendors there. Blair ( Blair's Death Sauce)is going to be there and so is Tom from the Art of Chipotle is going to be there as well. I'm sure there's quite a few more that I won't know about till it starts.

Joe Perry Gets Saucy In NYC

Joe Perry Gets Saucy In NYC
Jun 20, 2005

If you are lucky enough to be at the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade's Fancy Foods Show (what a mouthful) in NYC this July 10-12, you can watch Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry get sauced. Having acquired a taste for spicy foods from a grandfather whose doctor prohibited them, Perry has been concocting preservative-free sauces for people who want to add "a little zest to their food," without inducing that "my mouth feels like a rug burn in hell" feeling. In keeping with his unwillingness to lend his name to products he doesn't actually use, Perry has been involved with every facet of his new enterprise, from recipes to packaging, while his son is in charge of marketing and advertising. Both the "Rock Your World Boneyard Brew" and "Rock Your World Mango-Peach Tango" sauces will be considered for food awards, but Perry's main mission was to spare himself the trouble of having to blend habanero peppers, lime, onion and vinegar ever again. Man, a rock stars life is so hard!

sweatnspice said:
Haven't attended before, but there are going to be quite a few hot food vendors there. Blair ( Blair's Death Sauce)is going to be there and so is Tom from the Art of Chipotle is going to be there as well. I'm sure there's quite a few more that I won't know about till it starts.

The Chicago show is next May, and is close enough that it might even be possible to attend. Do you know if the hot & spicy food folks ever participate in that one or is it just the NYC show?

Hey Sweatnspice... we're planning on hitting the NYC but things are a little up in the air right now... all hell is about to break loose. And that's a good thing.

As for Chicago, most of the foodies that would go to NY would also do Chicago... but NY is bigger. Chicago is the lesser of the two shows, apparently, so I don't know if Joe Perry et al would be there, but given the op, we will be.

I'll keep you all posted.

T

Yup. Me and the wife (my Chief Bottling Engineer) will be showing up on the 10th. You'll know us by the t-shirts if you spot us. Have a good time there!

Tina - Yes, please let me know if you head down here. We're planning a hot sauce tasting party for Sunday night.

Defcon - Sounds good. Hopefully see you there

SweatnSpice, if we don't make it, we'll send you some jars for the party. ;) Consider it gratuitous, shameless self-promotion. hehe

T

Tina - Can't say that anyone would get to eat your sauces before I got to them :-) Once I'm back from WA (sitting in a hotel room right now) I will get an order out to you for a few cases.

Well, had a great time at the Fancy Foods show in NYC. I'd never been, it was a trip. Now that the swelling in my feet has gone down from the walking. It was definitely a pleasant surprise to see Joe Perry. I was kind of surprised more hot sauce companies weren't there, but alas, we found many packaging and marketing tips, even a new distributor for our orange Habaneros that were stupidly low priced. And the shameless advertising wearing the DEFCON shirt actually paid off, as we've already gotten a few orders. Anyone else go?

We didn't make it Defcon... unfortunately, life has a way of taking plans and changing them on you at the last minute... Good thing we didn't pay the 6K for the booth!

I'm glad you had such a great time... So tell me... How does Joe Perry look in person?

T

Hmmmmm, I guess you could say better than Keith Richards, LOL!!! As a guy, I'm not very good at rating other ones. Yeah, I saw the prices for the booths, minimum was about $2900, maybe next year for us. Like I said though, it was our first time going, and it was truly something to see. It is a shame there weren't more chili-type booths set up. I did blow one guys mind, I can't remember the company, but they make wing sauce. I kept dipping chips into the supposably "super-hot" cauldron, the guy just stood there in amazement :shock: .

Sure! There really wasn't a program, it was more like an encylopedia. I think we grabbed 2 of them. Let me check when I get home tonight. If I have an extra, do you have a PO Box or something to mail it to?

Mailing address of the company for whichever of you comes up with the program first...

26 St. Jean Baptiste, E
Rigaud, Quebec
J0P 1P0

You'd think they'd all start putting such things on electronic media.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

T.

Back