event NYC Hot Sauce Expo 2016 April 23-24 Brooklyn

Hey, anyone going to this?  I was thinking about purchasing a VIP ticket.  The description states that the VIP ticket includes unlimited sampling from liquor sponsors, craft beer, hard ciders, and specialty food vendors with full access to the Hot Sauce Expo.  I went one day last year and the beer was from Lagunitas and they also had bourbons available.  I am wondering if anyone on here that went last year knows if the VIP ticket includes unlimited beers from Lagunitas and unlimited bourbons.  It sounds that way, but I somehow do not believe it.   If it is true, $100 a ticket is looking like a bargain!

Sounds pretty cool. It is geographically undesireable for me. I would rather drive out to some of the ones in PA instread.

bpiela said:
Hey, anyone going to this?  I was thinking about purchasing a VIP ticket.  The description states that the VIP ticket includes unlimited sampling from liquor sponsors, craft beer, hard ciders, and specialty food vendors with full access to the Hot Sauce Expo.  I went one day last year and the beer was from Lagunitas and they also had bourbons available.  I am wondering if anyone on here that went last year knows if the VIP ticket includes unlimited beers from Lagunitas and unlimited bourbons.  It sounds that way, but I somehow do not believe it.   If it is true, $100 a ticket is looking like a bargain!

I had a booth there.

I know they were sampling the Jack Daniels Tennessee fire that  went back to 8-9 times over the course of the day with no problems, so it may be true....

Looks like DEFCON will be taking the wing eating contest over again. This year's DEFCON Wing-Eating Deathmatch will have the hottest wings we ever made available. 10 wings/3 minutes and then 5-minutes hands down/palms down on the table. How hard could it possibly be? And unlike the numerous cookie-cutter corporate commodity places like wild wings, there will be no chemical extract, just my own version of concentrated pain. When we did the contest 2 years ago, 6 out of 10 succumbed to the pain, I'm trying for 80% this time around.

If you're interested, make your way to the DEFCON Booth immediately on Saturday, as it's first come, first serve. We always take a few extras, as there's always 2-3 goobers that punk out just before the match.

We should also have the prototype (an ACTUAL prototype) of the first ZERO Batch collectible in 7-8 years available for viewing, and will be available for sale later in the year. We will also be unveiling our 2 new products t this show as well. These products are like nothing we've ever made before. And who knows, perhaps I'll don the Assassins Creed : Syndicate costume for one day at the show. I get my costumes for Halloween very early, when the parts and pieces are not only less expensive, but they are still available. 

This one should be fun!

Back