Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout

I can get it in Columbia, now.

*sip*

*contented sigh*

Oh! Oh! And I can get Storm King Stout!

i've never had storm king...but i love those yeti stouts. either one is fine with me!

speaking of stouts..i read in an interview with the guy that owns allagash...they might be producing a belgian style stout soon! can't wait for that one.

Oak aged Yeti is delicious for sipping, but I feel like I have smoked two cigars back to back if I drink a whole one! I love the flavor, but good god it is smoky!

xgrafcorex said:
i've never had storm king...but i love those yeti stouts. either one is fine with me!

I'm just so tickled that we can get these beers in South Carolina now. Storm King Stout was the first high alcohol beer I ever had. I got some while I was up in upstate New York and brought it back home. All my friends oh'ed and aw'ed and my beer snob status soared.

And now, anybody can just run to the store and pick up a 6 pack.

Way kewl.

speaking of stouts..i read in an interview with the guy that owns allagash...they might be producing a belgian style stout soon! can't wait for that one.

Hm, what would a Belgian-style stout taste like? Are there some other examples?

this is the only one i know of or have had.

IMG_1329.jpg

it is pretty good stuff..i think i liked it better on tap (go figure) when the local good beer bar had it for a little bit. was quite a few months ago that i had a pint amongst several other beers..and even longer since i had my own bottle of it. so i can't really give you details of the taste and smell. i remember it being different than american or british stouts. had some spice to the flavor.. to be honest, i remember still liking american or british stouts better. not bad though.

that's cool you all are getting some more beers in your area. i know someone in alabama (where they don't sell anything over 6% (aka goodbye imperial stouts, most beer from belgium, many from the us)) so every so often he takes a road trip with friends to atlanta to buy a lot of beer to bring back.

I have an imperial stout that I brewed aging right now. It ended up at a little over 12% abv. I will crack them open around Thanksgiving. I can't wait.

I tried Fasson's pumpkin ale recently. Yum! I had not had a good pumpkin beer experience until that one. It has a big jack o lantern on the box if anyone wants to try a decent seasonal brew..

Back