• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

OCD’S: SMOKE, FIRE, & FRY

Chuck here. Chile enthusiast. Amateur cook. I enjoy cooking and eating good food.

I own multiple smokers.
3 Weber Smokey Mountains and an accessorized Oklahoma Joe that I need to tune up. By tune up, I mean cut the old smoke stack out and relocate it at grill level. It sucks.
I prefer the WSM over anything else though. I also cook with Disco’s. Nothing like being outdoor and cooking.

So here we go…

Corned beef heavily seasoned with black pepper. Smoked low and slow until stall and wrapped with butchers paper. I was at 10hrs with this one. Let my heat drop for a second. Like I said, I’m an Amateur. 😂

Babybacks are seasoned with wet mustard, GoatWeed pepper flakes, Blue Agave nectar powdered pineapple, ginger, garlic seasoning. Cooked for 2 hours. Sprayed every 30min with pineapple juice. Wrapped in butchers paper for 1 hour, unwrapped and smoked for a remaining 40 min.

I’m on a diet so no sides.😞

Attachments

• CB0F0D2B-CAA1-4C3A-961C-1A6AB83146FE.jpeg
    CB0F0D2B-CAA1-4C3A-961C-1A6AB83146FE.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 510
  • 78335817-5F97-4685-BD4A-33D8B6C9D8BE.jpeg
    78335817-5F97-4685-BD4A-33D8B6C9D8BE.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 68B6D65E-555E-4B6A-8EF9-6DD98B07B559.jpeg
    68B6D65E-555E-4B6A-8EF9-6DD98B07B559.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 102
I use Royal Oak lump as well. Didn't know they quit making briquettes. Bummer. I still use Kingsford with the grill and to light the lump in the smoker. Now it seems folks are jumping up and down about B & B charcoal. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe this Summer. Smoke on!

Ribs without a smoke ring? Blasphemy!

I use charcoal to start, but with ribs (or butt or brisket), it's hickory logs for the bulk of the cook. Sometimes maybe some apple.

I use Royal Oak lump as well. Didn't know they quit making briquettes. Bummer. I still use Kingsford with the grill and to light the lump in the smoker. Now it seems folks are jumping up and down about B & B charcoal. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe this Summer. Smoke on!
I do like the Royal lump. I think they still make it, no one around here sells it. It seems like there’s always something new in the bbq industry everyone raves about. I’ve not tried the b and b. I know it cost more. Don’t think I could get a better burn than Kingsford. Kingsford is still a good burn. I’ve not tried the Jealous Devil either. Longer hotter burns is what most claim on a new product. I have no problems running my WSM for 10 hrs on a bag of charcoal. That’s the 22 WSM. Haven’t tried the 18 yet. I suspect it won’t go as long without maintenance.

Ribs without a smoke ring? Blasphemy!

I use charcoal to start, but with ribs (or butt or brisket), it's hickory logs for the bulk of the cook. Sometimes maybe some apple.
I use charcoal in the WSM and baseball size hickory. I layer it in the charcoals and one piece usually on top to start things off.

Back