• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Of These, What Would You Grow?

hogleg said:
Gotta agree with BOC. Its one of the best supers I tasted this year.
I tried growing BOCs a month ago. Those were the only that had no sprouts. After hearing so many supporters, I'll try again.
So how about this for the top end of my grow? I have PLENTY of varieties that are not as hot. Already planted those in italics. A couple more than I planned. Are there some you'd take out & others you'd add? Kinda wish I hadn't strarted 7 Pot White but it's just one more. Lemme know what you think.

7 Pot White
7 Pot Primo, Red
Brown Moruga
Butch T
TS CARDI Yellow
Carolina Reaper
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
Bhut Peach

TS Cardi Red
SB7J Red
SB7J Yellow
Naga Morich
Dystopia (Bubblegum cross)
Bad Brains (Brainstrain cross)
Yellow Jalapeno x 7 Pot Bubblegum
Jigsaw Fatalii Gourmet
UBSC Red
Red Bhut
White Bhut
Black Bhut
7 Pot Jonah x PN
7 Pot Primo Yellow
7 Pot Chaguanas
7 Pot Brainstrain Yellow

To add to your short list of supers:

Yellow: I really enjoyed the Yellow Moruga this year and prefer it to the Yellow Brain Strain. Will try growing both again in 2015 to see if results are repeatable.

Red: standard Trinidad Scorpion Moruga has my vote... had some this year that were incredibly hot (equal to the Brown Moruga) and were very tasty. Also the red 7 Pot Brain Strain is another one at the top of my list for reds. One of the best tasting red supers for me is the 7 Pot Jonah. I like that it has a thicker wall than many of the other supers giving it a more crunchy/juicy texture.

Brown/Chocolate: Chocolate Scorpion is a great choice and makes a wonderful powder.

I am in the BOC camp as well. Favourite super. Flavour on that sucker is out of this world. Blew away all the other supers I grew last season. That said, I also really liked the Red Brain, Jonah 7, Red 7, and Choc. Bhut.

On the other hand I did not enjoy JPGS or the peach bhut at all. Lacking a clear flavour and quite off-putting to my palate, both fresh and dried. JPGS is a looker though. Gnarly as they get. I found mustard habs to be awful tasting as well. As well as the Butch T.

I would not call the SB7J a super - but man are they delicious.

Your list is lookin huge though. You'll get good direction for the future comparing all those flavours. It's pretty cool sitting down and trying 10 or 15 different bites.

Side note - if you prefer the habbish level heat I hope you have a Cumari do Para going. Love that pepper.

I'd throw my vote in for the chocolate scorpion and chocolate bhut.  I made a chocolate scorpion/chocolate bhut powder blend last year that was fantastic.

cloudhand said:
To add to your short list of supers:

Yellow: I really enjoyed the Yellow Moruga this year and prefer it to the Yellow Brain Strain. Will try growing both again in 2015 to see if results are repeatable.

Red: standard Trinidad Scorpion Moruga has my vote... had some this year that were incredibly hot (equal to the Brown Moruga) and were very tasty. Also the red 7 Pot Brain Strain is another one at the top of my list for reds. One of the best tasting red supers for me is the 7 Pot Jonah. I like that it has a thicker wall than many of the other supers giving it a more crunchy/juicy texture.

Brown/Chocolate: Chocolate Scorpion is a great choice and makes a wonderful powder.

Excellent response. I shall take it under advisement. I have a few seeds of all you mentioned. Can definitely see some Yellow Morugas in my future.already started Red & Brown Morugas. Brain Strain may be a little beyond my level of tolerance. Looks cool though. Had two seeds in my hand earlier this week but put them back in the envelope before planting. Probably will later. Thanks.

Terravexti said:
I HATE the taste of the primo.

I've never tasted CARDI Scorpions or Primos but I literally see them when I close my eyes sometimes... :) very attractive shape that I can't pass up.

AaronB said:
I am in the BOC camp as well. Favourite super. Flavour on that sucker is out of this world. Blew away all the other supers I grew last season. That said, I also really liked the Red Brain, Jonah 7, Red 7, and Choc. Bhut.

On the other hand I did not enjoy JPGS or the peach bhut at all. Lacking a clear flavour and quite off-putting to my palate, both fresh and dried. JPGS is a looker though. Gnarly as they get. I found mustard habs to be awful tasting as well. As well as the Butch T.

I would not call the SB7J a super - but man are they delicious.

Your list is lookin huge though. You'll get good direction for the future comparing all those flavours. It's pretty cool sitting down and trying 10 or 15 different bites.

Side note - if you prefer the habbish level heat I hope you have a Cumari do Para going. Love that pepper.
Man, I sound superficial growing things for looks. :) Jay's Peach is one of those. Never tasted but can't pass on looks. Maybe I need to get my hands on better BOC seed. What I have, I pulled from a pod & some of the seeds were black. I didn't take the black ones but because none of the 4 I planted sprouted, I wonder about the viability. I don't have CUmar do Para seeds but have heard good things. Thanks.

Back