• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Offering Pepper Seeds to Others

Hi all,

People here have been so generous with free pepper seed offers that I'd like to be able to offer my own when they're ready. I'm not sure if my seeds would be welcome though because I don't have the room to separate each pepper variety. Each flower is pollinated by bees and the wind so I'm bound to end up with crosses eventually.

Do people here only offer seeds that they can isolate, or is it assumed that free seeds have the potential to be hybrids?

Thanks for your help!

Most of the seed people offer are open-pollinated. So really anybody can get a cross. I collected seed last
year from a chocolate habanero, which was in an earthbox, next to a aji crystal and tobasco. Well the pods
are aji crystal in shape. Don't know what the color is going to be yet....So you can offer your seed, no problem.

"[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]You Give What you Have and Even Hybrids are Better than Nothing"[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]+ 1 on that Victor ![/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]This is what grew from Red Savina 'World's hottest Hab' seeds I was given.[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]They'[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]re my strongest plants, setting many pods[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]but IF a Red Hab is your mommy -- "Who's your daddy??? [/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]
7559175916_509ced145e_n.jpg
[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Me thinks there may have been some Bhuts nearby?[/background]

Back