event Official 2017 NW Chilefest campout and HotLuck

salsalady

Business Member
It's Finally Here!  The 2017 Northwest Chilefest Campout and PotLuck!

Post pictures and stories (true or not... ;) ) reviews and comments- 

The Kanasket-Palmer state park is in a cell phone and WiFi free area, so most folks won't be posting full reports until after the weekend.  We have several day-trippers who will likely be posting earlier.

Safe Travels everyone, See you soon!  

Feel free to post teaser pics~  

So, I have decided to add a bit of fun in the form of a potluck contribution. A little Russian Roulette style lemon cupcakes. Just picked up the plates and napkins as promised as well. Can't wait to see you all tomorrow. I'll be heading that way after the kids get out of school. Should be there around 6PM.

***Reposted as I originally posted in the old thread. 

0d531c8f60f49129c1853c680e68fdda.jpg

Just for fun with the extra batter. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's over the top cool, Nic!

See you there.  Taking off from here
at about 10:30 or so, should be there by
2-3   o'clock.

Just in from Salsa Lady  - she forgot a crock
pot for chili , and wondered if Walt could bring his. Or maybe
anyone else who reads this and is coming and has a crock pot
for Friday nite chili.

The winner (loser?) of the lemon Fatali cupcake roulette was Ann!!! Hidden in the middle of the cupcake was a full fatali pod. And, just for an added surprise the whole crew, unknowingly, got one cupcake doses with a drop of 13SHU Pure Evil! . Sorry you lost your lunch Paul. Lol

I survived the double down, but karma definitley paid me back.  

Pure Evil contacts........................

I'll post up pics in a bit.  I know we have some good vids and other pics.  Post away! 

That Pure Evil was the hottest thing I've ever had

I didn't get any pictures of the dinner on Saturday,
hope somebody else posts theirs.

Saturday morning breakfast and sauces sampled. Not
sure I got all of them:

IMG_5645.JPG

Many thanks to Salsa Lady for the great
breakfasts - eggs always cooked to oder perfectly!

IMG_5646.JPG

IMG_5647.JPG

IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5649.JPG

IMG_5650.JPG

IMG_5651.JPG

IMG_5654.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG

Friday night, folks were arriving, getting set up and the weather was nicely warm, and a bit smoky.  There was a full on burn ban in effect for all the state parks.  We set up a propane camp stove and it worked well for ambiance and such.  

Saturday-
Chileaddict built an Ugly Drum Smoker!  They DO exist! !?!?!!!

(I can[t find pics ATM, hopefully CA will post as I have seen the pics!!!)

And Here's the Product of said Ugly Drum Smoker!!!
IMG_6222.JPG

Other picnic foods- Spinach dip, spicy cole slaw, banana cream pie, Fatali lemon cupcakes with lime frosting (and a couple super spiked ones!
IMG_6223.JPG

IMG_6228.JPG

IMG_6227.JPG

IMG_6224.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6207.JPG
    IMG_6207.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_6208.JPG
    IMG_6208.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_6211.JPG
    IMG_6211.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_6213.JPG
    IMG_6213.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_6229.JPG
    IMG_6229.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 108
Saturday's plated foods in case I missed it in the last post~  :lol:  (it happens!!! )  
IMG_6229.JPG

Just in case-
IMG_6231.JPG

Saturday night, the Silky folks went in the RV when it started rainaing and the rest stood outside in their GoreTex jackets.  Gotta Love the NW!  Always prepared!  (I was in the RV... )
IMG_6244.JPG

Sunday morning dawned bright and sunny, warm and not a cloud in the sky!!!
IMG_6265.JPG

Sunday foods-
Something PaulG's Lovely Wife sent up for us to enjoy!!!  I can't remember exactly...zucchini/coconut or something.  It was really good and the fresh apples hit the spot.  Thanks Mrs. G~!!!!
IMG_6266.JPG

Chileaddict's flattop rockin' out the home made corned beef hash and eggs cooked to order.
IMG_6264.JPG

Enjoying one of PaulG's classic Bloody Mary's!  MMmmmmmm
IMG_6269.JPG

IMG_6270.JPG

Sunday afternoon-
IMG_6272.JPG

my dad and brother came out for a visit.  Good times at the river doing what kids do....building rock dams.  -lol-
IMG_6275.JPG

IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6286.JPG

another cook up thanks to Hawkeye and Rory.  
IMG_6290.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

IMG_6294.JPG

IMG_6296.JPG

Sunday morning - another great breakfast, home-made corned
beef hash and potatoes with eggs perfectly over medium or
however you wanted them.

IMG_5662.JPG

Chiliaddict (Richard) smoked the chickens for Saturday
Dinner and helped Ann with the Sunday breakfast:
IMG_5660.JPG

IMG_5663.JPG

IMG_5665.JPG

IMG_5666.JPG

IMG_5655.JPG

Bloody Marys for Sunday morning:
IMG_5657.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5662.JPG
    IMG_5662.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 117
Crusher said:
So, I have decided to add a bit of fun in the form of a potluck contribution. A little Russian Roulette style lemon cupcakes. Just picked up the plates and napkins as promised as well. Can't wait to see you all tomorrow. I'll be heading that way after the kids get out of school. Should be there around 6PM.

***Reposted as I originally posted in the old thread. 

Crusher said:
The winner (loser?) of the lemon Fatali cupcake roulette was Ann!!! Hidden in the middle of the cupcake was a full fatali pod. And, just for an added surprise the whole crew, unknowingly, got one cupcake doses with a drop of 13SHU Pure Evil! . Sorry you lost your lunch Paul. Lol

Those lemon cupcakes (with fatali for the spicy ones) and lime frosting were really yummy!!!  until I got the Bonus Prize!!!   

Well it was still yummy, but really hot!!!  Kim is working on her nursing degree but has some good experience as a baker.  Thanks for sharing!

Nic and Kim were stepping up on Friday night.  Kim did the toothpick touch, and Nic ended up doing a drop of 13mil.  Rocked it out.....Hope the video posts-

but when all that was going on, I dropped some 13mil Pure Evil on my leg, then rubbed it, getting the pure evil on my hands......

and I knew it was there and washed, and used alcohol wipes....and then tried to take contacts out.....................

yea....DumbAssMe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike, I want to like that previous comment.....but........   :shame:    :lol:

Thanks for your contribution!  We didn't get official contests fully sorted out, and unofficially decided RS67Man and Crusher were the main winners.  The sauces were all getting divided up, including the sampler ones from the table, so I'm not sure who got what for prizes.   Both yours and the sauces from PepperNorth were in the goodie bags.

Back