• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Official Review: High River Sauces Top Fuel Verde Sauce

Product Name: High River Sauces Top Fuel Verde Sauce

Style: Mexican

Manufacturer: High River Sauces

Country of Origin: USA

Ingredients: Tomatillos, Poblano Peppers, Distilled Vinegar, Olive Oil Blend, Cilantro, Jalapeno Peppers, Red Onion, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic

Label/Packaging: The label is a little busy. It is a souped up jalapeno riding a skeleton, which is kind of a trademark of High River. I think it is supposed to be a combination of a high power speed kind of thing and a Mexican cowboy. I am a little confused, but it is interesting. I like the wide-mouth bottle. Makes it easy to pour.

Appearance/Aroma: The appearance is like a puree or a thin salsa. Chunky, yet runny. Reminds me of a verde salsa at a Mexican cantina. The aroma is amazing. You get the jalapeno, the cilantro, the vinegar. It all smells fresh and light.

It says right on the bottle that this sauce is so delicious I will not be able to put it away. Will this sauce be Top Fuel, or an Eliminator? Let's find out.

Body of Review:
I first met Steve from High River Sauces at Peppers at the Beach a couple years ago. He gave me a bottle of his Hellacious hot sauce and I loved it. I still use it on steak, so when he offered me a bottle of the Top Fuel Verde Sauce I jumped at the chance to try it. I love Mexican food, and whenever I see a verde sauce I think of some of the best Mexican restaurants I have eaten at, where there is a bowl of verde salsa on the table with some chips when you sit down.

The appearance and aroma of this sauce reminds me of just such a sauce. The tangy, tart flavors of the tomatillos, cilantro, vinegar, and jalapeno, balanced with the smoky poblano, biting cayenne, and spicy garlic give this sauce such amazing flavor and balance. Don't get me wrong, the vinegar is strong, but that is common to a verde sauce. The tomatillos and jalapenos are really the stars of the show. If you are looking for heat, this is not the one for you. There is a slight, and I mean very slight bit of warmth, but you could drink this sauce by the shot and not get burned. Verde is not really about heat though, it is all about flavor, and the sauce has tons of that. The consistency is a little on the thicker side, it is still very pourable though.

Heat Level: 2

Applications: The sauce would be good on anything Mexican or Tex-Mex, also I could see it on steaks, chicken, shrimp, or eggs.

Appearance Score: 4.5
Aroma Score: 4.5
Taste Score: 5
Mouthfeel Score: 4
Heat Accuracy Score: 4

Overall Score: 4.4

Notes: This is a fantastic sauce with a variety of uses. The label is a little confusing, but other than that, I can find little wrong with this sauce. Another home run for High River Sauces!

Attachments

• bottle.jpg
    bottle.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 63
Back