• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Offspring from the Mother Plant produce!

I have been growing these two Brain Strain plants from seed from the Mother Plant since July 2010. I can now say they have FINALLY produced some normal sized pods, I picked them today. I have not cut them open yet, I want to let them sit a day or two to get that last bit of ripening done. But if prior pods, that were rather miniature in size, were any indication, these will be totally nuclear in the heat department. Not just hot, but some of the gnarliest looking peppers I have laid eyes on!

in the photo there are the brains, with a small chocolate Hab, chocolate Bhut, and a yellow 7 pod, with a quarter for size....

100_1617.jpg

Any pics of the plants? Were you growing these indoors or out? 15 months is a loooooong time to wait, you poor thing!

They look tasty :)

Here is a thread I started when the plants were a couple months old:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/17931-crazy-7-pot-brain-strain-plants/page__p__380504__fromsearch__1#entry380504

Due to some issues, mostly the lousy cold summer I had, the plants, and my entire garden, did not do that well. I am still learning, and have a MASSIVE amount of work to do to get my garden where I want it.

Nice work, my Choco bhuts turned out red, not complaing... I had a few unknowns, and I am glad there yellow Fatalis, instead of Choco. IMOHO, There a waster of space. No heat, and the flavor sucks.

They had seeds! Not to mention a bunch of liquid cap.. :mouthonfire:

Here is one cut open:

100_1620.jpg

The lot of four pods with the seeds carefully removed:

100_1621.jpg

The seeds I got from them:

100_1622.jpg

I tried a small bit of placenta as I was deseeding, ended taking a break for a couple minutes because life got interesting......it lit me up like the Vegas Strip!

Congrats going full cycle with your plants Walt. Those Brain Strain 7 Pods look like the mother plant they came from hope you can keep them going. I am glad so many others have experienced this pepper the first year people just didn't believe me how hot they really are. :crazy: :hot:

You must be proud! Nothing beats a nice superhot with yellow walls :mouthonfire: . I kind of just want to munch one through the screen, they remind me of my TSMBs this year which were yummy if you like lava. Wait I just remembered that I still have a ripe one on the plant... *runs outside*

Back