spirits Oh My....whiskey whiskey and more whiskey

Thanks to Skydiver in a different thread he provided a link to www.maltadvocate.com On that site there is a Specialty Retailers tab with several choices. There are list of retailers that carry 100 plus, 200 plus, 300 plus clubs. Meaning that they have that many different types of whiskey. If you look they give place all over the world. Well I was looking and one of the shops listed is within driving distance for me. So today I took a little trip and stopped by. WOW! That's all I had to say and think. They had pretty much everything from Jack at $20/bottle up to some behind glass for $1000 plus - I think the most expensive one was around $1800 or $1900!!! Yeah I could just imagine what my wife would do if I came home with a $1800 bottle of booze - probably beat me over the head with it.

I would suggest for those of you who like whiskey to check the site out, see if one of the stores is near you and check it out - you won't be disappointed.

-PP

being scottish my nose can find me what i need on a shop shelf!!!!!!! some of the more awkward ones may mean a trip to the actual distillery, and that normally involves a tour ( they are all basically the same) but the bonus of the tour is you usually get a dram at the end< so if you ever visit Scotland do the whisky trail (around the aviemore area)but do have a driver as there are at least 12 distilleries on the trail, it's well worth a shot

Back