• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

OH, the smell!

ok, so i have a problem...

i cant stand the smell of chocolate habs! they make me want to vomit. but they taste sooo good. anyone else have problem with the strong smell? or a similar problem with any other peppers?

You sure they're chocolate, not rotten?

thehotpepper.com said:
You sure they're chocolate, not rotten?

haha, yes im sure there not rotten. last year, i grew one and i picked the pods myself. they just have a "funny" strong smell unlike and other pepper ive grown.

Aribibi gusano, if I have a bunch of them and are chopping up for sauce, go from nice fragrant aroma to holy crap I think I'm going to bleed from my eyes this stanks.

paulky_2000 said:
Nah!

Some things in life....you just LOVE to eat....but, perhaps, don't smell so appetizing....

peter pepper said:
oh oh a new signature for me.

wow this could go down the wrong path so fast

WOW! Yea I'm going to bite my tongue and back out of this thread....

*Ahem*

OK, back to them Choc Habs.......

I have to agree that they is kinda steeenky!

Only recently I had the opportunity to put my face into a big ol' shopping bag full of 'em... PWOAR! What the hell is that!?

At the end of the day though, as long as they burn like an out-of-control bushfire, I don't care how offensive they smell!

They have a bit of a passionfruit taste. Can't say that i find the smell offensive at all but i smoke so my sense of smell is kinda "distorted".

I dry quite a variety of peppers, and the Habs are the only ones that I really don't like the smell of when I cut them to place on the tray.
Bill

well thank god im not the only one! haha. thought i was loosing it there for a minute. i agree they taste amazing, very fruity(never had a passion fruit so i cant compare) i like the burn, very deep. just cant stand the smell.

paulky_2000 said:
Nah!

Some things in life....you just LOVE to eat....but, perhaps, don't smell so appetizing....

For me it would be hot & sour soup. Smells like a barn, but tastes amazing.

Back