• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Oh yea baby!!!!!

THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR GROWING ANYTHING, THANK GOD FOR LIFE, AND THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIPS.

Ok everyone heres my Red savina plant August 2 2010

DSC00184.jpg

Added 2 gallons of worm tea 1 each 2 weeks and this is the results!!!!!! September 1 2010

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

It haves some pots on it wooohooo!!!!

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

So happy, cant wait to taste dis s

BY THE WAY I STARTED FROM SEED ON MAY 12, SPROUTED MAY 27. AND THERE S MY BAD BABY.
Also used like twice some universal miracle grow, 15 30 15. But that tea made a huge difference used some miracle grow on other plants, there not even half the size and were planted at the same time.

Wow, very impressive, what's your worm tea mix if I may ask

No problem,
You will need 3 Plastic milk gallons 2 with water and an empty gallon.

I mix 1 1/2 cups of worm castings and 2 tablespoons of molasses I bought some molasses here in my city, but i think any kind of molasses will do, I dissolve the molasses in water then add that to a plastic milk gallon, once everything is in (dont worry about the worm castings all over the water you could take the castings out with a strainer later), I put an air stone in the gallon with an air pump,i used an air pump i have for fishing, leave it in for 12 hours, as soon as the 12 hours pass I divide the gallon in two gallons, get the gallon of tea add half to an empty plastic gallon then fill the rest with water, not tap water, that would kill the microorganism, to take off the chlorine, I leave the 2 gallons outside for a day, leave it at night and then the next day the sun will evaporate all chlorine, then I make the tea. As soon as you finish brewing the tea add the tea to your plants immediately, that s how i do it, I just bought a 10 gallon air pump to use it on a 5 gallon bucket, see how that comes out.

Looking great buddy. I too would like to know about this worm tea.

Sure,
You will need 3 Plastic milk gallons 2 with water and an empty gallon.

I mix 1 1/2 cups of worm castings and 2 tablespoons of molasses I bought some molasses here in my city, but i think any kind of molasses will do, I dissolve the molasses in water then add that to a plastic milk gallon, once everything is in (dont worry about the worm castings all over the water you could take the castings out with a strainer later), I put an air stone in the gallon with an air pump,i used an air pump i have for fishing, leave it in for 12 hours, as soon as the 12 hours pass I divide the gallon in two gallons, get the gallon of tea add half to an empty plastic gallon then fill the rest with water, not tap water, that would kill the microorganism, to take off the chlorine, I leave the 2 gallons outside for a day, leave it at night and then the next day the sun will evaporate all chlorine, then I make the tea. As soon as you finish brewing the tea add the tea to your plants immediately, that s how i do it, I just bought a 10 gallon air pump to use it on a 5 gallon bucket, see how that comes out.

Okay, this is the way I understand your directions; mix 1-1/2 cups of worm castings and 2 tbsp. molasses in a gallon of water. Run the air stone for 12 hours and then mix the 1 gallon of tea with 2 gallons of water, yes?

Okay, this is the way I understand your directions; mix 1-1/2 cups of worm castings and 2 tbsp. molasses in a gallon of water. Run the air stone for 12 hours and then mix the 1 gallon of tea with 2 gallons of water, yes?

that's pretty much how i make mine. =D

yes, that s how I do it.

Thanks for the reply; that means I did it correctly. I made up 4 gallons which gave me 8 gallons. I gave all of my plants a good watering with it. How often are you applying the tea to your plants?
you could add every 2 weeks or 10 days, but they do get huge, so as often as you like, but I do it every 2 weeks.

Make sure you all give the molasses some of the credit. That stuff is liquid gold with lots of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.

I've been using worm tea all year after I read about how beneficial it has been to plants last year. I setup a large worm farm to avoid having to buy the casting and have FRESH casting to brew my tea. I follow the same steps, but the key with molasses is to use sulfer free molasses, and I use warm chlorine free water because the microbes grow faster in warm water. Also I brew mine with an additional tablespoon of alaska fish fertilizer and keep a 100 watt fish tank heater in my 5 gallon bucket to keep the water at 81 degrees. At first the brew will smell horrible, but after 6-8 hours with a large 180 gallon air pump and 2 air stones I can only smell the fish and molasses in the water slightly. If you continue to brew from 12-16 hours the top layer will create a thin slurry and you won't be able to smell any of the molasses or fish emulsion as the bacteria will have consumed both of them. That's when you know it's ready and the microbes are at their peak. If you allow your water to go cold and use a small air pump and stone it can take up to 24 hours for the bacteria to peek and use up all the food in the water. I usually start my brew mid day and it's ready by dawn the next day. I first strain and foilar feed the plants. Since foilar feeding allows the plants to intake the microbes directly it's about 70% more efficient over feeding the soil directly. I do however pour the tea and used compost directly into the plants soil afterward giving foilar feeding each plant giving them a double feeding. I do this about twice a month until my plants start to flower then I cut back to once a month.

I've been using worm tea all year after I read about how beneficial it has been to plants last year. I setup a large worm farm to avoid having to buy the casting and have FRESH casting to brew my tea. I follow the same steps, but the key with molasses is to use sulfer free molasses, and I use warm chlorine free water because the microbes grow faster in warm water. Also I brew mine with an additional tablespoon of alaska fish fertilizer and keep a 100 watt fish tank heater in my 5 gallon bucket to keep the water at 81 degrees. At first the brew will smell horrible, but after 6-8 hours with a large 180 gallon air pump and 2 air stones I can only smell the fish and molasses in the water slightly. If you continue to brew from 12-16 hours the top layer will create a thin slurry and you won't be able to smell any of the molasses or fish emulsion as the bacteria will have consumed both of them. That's when you know it's ready and the microbes are at their peak. If you allow your water to go cold and use a small air pump and stone it can take up to 24 hours for the bacteria to peek and use up all the food in the water. I usually start my brew mid day and it's ready by dawn the next day. I first strain and foilar feed the plants. Since foilar feeding allows the plants to intake the microbes directly it's about 70% more efficient over feeding the soil directly. I do however pour the tea and used compost directly into the plants soil afterward giving foilar feeding each plant giving them a double feeding. I do this about twice a month until my plants start to flower then I cut back to once a month.

Thats amazing, you have a huge setup there, interesting how you use warm water, always learning something new, thank you !!!

Back