• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Oh yea baby!!!!!

Thats amazing, you have a huge setup there, interesting how you use warm water, always learning something new, thank you !!!

Mesophilic bacteria thrive in a worm farm if the temp is over 70 degrees and those micro organism will continue to thrive and multiply at a much higher rate if the water is at least 70 degrees and kept warm throughout the brewing process. I personally have had the best results at around 78-82 degrees. I noticed that in a day or less I can't smell ANY of the fish or molasses smell whatsoever so I know my tea is done. If you use your tea while you can still smell it it's still good, but the bacteria is still growing and haven't consumed all the nutrients so you can continue to brew it. I usually strain some half way through the process and foilar feed them in the early morning before the sun hits the plants and when it's down later that evening I strain and feed a 2nd time and then use the rest in the soil directly. So the plants basically get 2 foilar feeds and a soil feed each time I brew my tea about once every 2 weeks.

Okay - I have to ask a dumb question {read: newb question.} It's fairly common knowledge that adding either a) a crushed asprin, or b) some sugar to the water of cut flowers prolongs their lives. There is part of me wondering how much of the result is really just from the molasses versus how much just from the worm compost, versus the two together. Does anyone actually know this?

The result isn't "just from" worm compost or molasses. If you do a bit of research on worm tea the molasses is food for the micro organisms that grow and live in the worm castings / worm compost that you aerate in water for a day. It is these micro organism that actually help the plant. Try doing a google search for worm tea and you will have thousands of articles and information on what is actually going on.

Thanks for the reply; that means I did it correctly. I made up 4 gallons which gave me 8 gallons. I gave all of my plants a good watering with it. How often are you applying the tea to your plants?
LOl !!! just read your question today, since its organic and worm tea wont harm your plants, you could added every 7, 10 or 14 days. Cheers.

Back