• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OhioGrown's First Ever Glog 7-18 update, with pics, Pods are coming!!

alright, this is the beginning of my first glog. to start, last year, i grew 4 jalapenos, 4 ghost hab's, 2 cayenne, and 1 super chili. i got decent return, especially with the ghost habaneros. This year I'm starting Trinidad Scorpions, Giant Jalapeno, and Chocolate Habaneros. I also overwintered two of my Ghost Habaneros. Here's a pic of the seeds starting, mainly the Scorpions. This is the first time I've ever started seeds, with alot of knowledge from TheHotPepper.com

DSCI0023_zps37738059.jpg

Now, I know some folks don't like the peat pellets. I got an amazon gift card, and got 100 peat pellets, 100 4 inch peat pots, and 5 trays. Then i went and got a germination kit, and got started with my seeds from pepperlover.com. Here's a couple shots of my Ghost Habaneros from last year. They're in hanging baskets in my dining room, with a huge south-facing window. They seem to be doing well, since i got rid of my aphid problem a couple weeks ago. (Azamax).

DSCI0029_zpsf37421e7.jpg

DSCI0028_zps8223f0fb.jpg

So I'm going to get a cheap shelf system tomorrow and hang some lights from it for when I'm going to transplant into the peat pots. I'm still learning alot from this site. I'm afraid some of my seedlings are starting to stretch, and maybe the one in the bottom right hand corner might be damping off. I'm thinking Pro-mix, or something similar and get them in pots and under lights and a light fan soon? More research to be done.....

I was afraid it wasn't. Here's another view of this pepper:
DSCI00012_zps2817d8a1.jpg

And here's one that looks more like a Douglah: (different plant than the one above)
DSCI00072_zpsbf00432a.jpg

And this last one is supposed to be an Orange Bhut:
DSCI00112_zpscad97ce4.jpg

I've added AACT twice now, about every two weeks. It's rained a crap load here. Almost every damn day for almost a week now! Thanks for looking, again.

Looks more like some Yellow Bhuts I've seen, will be interesting to find out how it tastes and how hot it is!  They're looking good...

Here's a couple quick pics of some of the pods coming along. Here's a Chocolate Habanero:
100_2715_zps6db016b8.jpg

And here's a Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend:
100_2720_zps012b8560.jpg

Here's some Orange Bhuts, not the best shot:
100_2714_zpse59d376f.jpg

I'll get a couple more pics up later of the Douglah's, peace,

ok, here's a shot of the Douglah's:
100_2717_zps1b693be3.jpg

It's supposed to stop raining here around Thursday, so I expect everything to take off soon. It's rained here almost every day for weeks now. My two 275 gallon rain barrels have been full and out of use for most of the summer. I've only used the water for a few potted herbs, flowers, and AACT. Thanks for checking it out,

it's finally stopped raining! At least for a couple days. A lot of my pepper plants are yellowing, but they're holding on strong. My corn on the other hand, was flattened twice by two huge storms. The first one dumped 1.5" of water in about a half hour! I'll let them recover a little and get some much needed sun before I take some more pics.

OhioGrown said:
it's finally stopped raining! At least for a couple days.

Believe it or not, but I have two Morugas that are so large they were bone dry in their 5 gal pots when I got home from work today. Everything else was still soaked from the monsoon yesterday, but I had to water these two...Need bigger pots for these two. Several of my pepper plants are hating the rain though. Glad for the break for a few days. 

Ok, after 20 days of rain it finally stopped for a while, and now its freaking 90+ for almost a week now. The plants are all starting to look better, darker green, and not so over-watered. So here's some pics. This first one is my Chocolate Habaneros:
100_2753_zpseea2893d.jpg

And now here's a pic of some Douglah's:
100_2754_zps7e5c416f.jpg

And this next shot is a plant that was supposed to be a Douglah, but isn't. I'm not too sure what it is yet, but it's doing really well. The biggest pods on it are about 5-6 inches long, and all bumpy, like a larger size Bhut:
100_2747_zpsc24d30ff.jpg

Here's a plant that's supposed to be an Orange Bhut, but the pods are really light green, and they're not as bumpy as I would have expected from a Bhut:
100_2755_zps7363748a.jpg

Here's one that's supposed to be an Orange Bhut, and it looks a lot more like I expected, bumpier pods, darker green pods, etc:
100_2757_zps5469cb94.jpg

And here's one of some Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend:
100_2750_zpsc84350c5.jpg

I plan on doing another round of AACT this weekend and see how they do from there. I can't wait for all these to start ripening up. Thanks for checking it out, Keep on Growing!!!!

OhioGrown said:
And this next shot is a plant that was supposed to be a Douglah, but isn't. I'm not too sure what it is yet, but it's doing really well. The biggest pods on it are about 5-6 inches long, and all bumpy, like a larger size Bhut:
100_2747_zpsc24d30ff.jpg

I plan on doing another round of AACT this weekend and see how they do from there. I can't wait for all these to start ripening up. Thanks for checking it out, Keep on Growing!!!!

All i have to say is wow - that is some upskirt shot :) Amazing view to say the very least, keep it up.

Love me some AACT  - gotta start brewing some when i get home this weekend.

Looks like your plants are doing great. Loads of peppers on them. You won't be lacking any heat for at least a year :onfire:

Back