• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Oil Pouring Out of Pods?

Even though I'm harvesting pods by the hundreds or thousands even, I'm still a noob. Tell me if this is common or not. Just now, I was in the garden picking some sweet peppers for dinner- Sukari, Orange Dulcetta, Sulu Adana. While I was out there, I noticed several Jay's Red Ghost Scorpions were ripe & I haven't tried them yet. Bit into in the garden. Bite one- "Really sweet! Wow. This is good." Bite two- "Pretty hot too." Bite three- "Yeah, it's really hot." Then I tilted the pepper downward & a stream of liquid poured out. Oil? I picked another, as I rushed inside for some saltines as my mouth was on fire by then. Brought the second pod onto the back porch & cut the tip off. Another stream of oil poured out- maybe 5 big drops all at once. I haven't seen any of my other superhots produce oil like that, but I also usually cut them when they're horizontal & might be missing the oil. Common to have a gusher like this? 

FreeportBum said:
99.9% of the time it's water. You see a couple posts like this every year on thp. No worries 
Yeah, I wasn't trying to say, "Look at me, I'm the exxxxtreme pepper grower whose pods drip oil." Just wondered if it were common. Didn't consider it could be water, but thanks for the clarification.

coachspencerxc said:
Yeah, I wasn't trying to say, "Look at me, I'm the exxxxtreme pepper grower whose pods drip oil." Just wondered if it were common. Didn't consider it could be water, but thanks for the clarification.
coach you know anyone that has the MA Warlyx?

96strat said:
coach you know anyone that has the MA Warlyx?
Funny you should ask. I've had 3 people tell me they were going to send me some Wartryx seeds the past 6 weeks. Chocolate BBG too. No seeds yet bit I trust the Chocolate BBG is coming in the next few days.
...Facebook people not THP.

coachspencerxc said:
Funny you should ask. I've had 3 people tell me they were going to send me some Wartryx seeds the past 6 weeks. Chocolate BBG too. No seeds yet bit I trust the Chocolate BBG is coming in the next few days....Facebook people not THP.
coach I said I was drying the nagareaper but if you want me to send the chbbg7 seeds I will with the others. Just the nr want be ready.

96strat said:
coach I said I was drying the nagareaper but if you want me to send the chbbg7 seeds I will with the others. Just the nr want be ready.
Ah clear sign I'm losing it. Now I look like a jerk (maybe I am). Probably just need to make a list of what I need to send to people & what I've been told I'm getting so I can keep it straight. ...update it when as stuff comes in & goes out. In the meantime, I will gladly accept any we discussed or none at all. Seeds come & go. All you sent pictures of were great looking & I'd plant all if I got them. I'd also probably find a way to live without them. :)  The Nagareaper was the one that impressed me most though. 

Take care!

Back