• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense oily jolokia

surprisingly my jolokia did not give me any problem once germinated :) no specific method was used, after the seed germinated, the plant was transfered into 12x12inch polibag :)
so the only problem was the germination rate for the seeds?(4%) after that no problems? hmm any insect attacks ? aphids? white flys ? so you keep your plants in polibags ?
which part of malaysia are you in ? sarawak ? :)

so the only problem was the germination rate for the seeds?(4%) after that no problems? hmm any insect attacks ? aphids? white flys ? so you keep your plants in polibags ?
which part of malaysia are you in ? sarawak ? :)

hehe :) i live in sabah, sarawak, labuan and brunei (travel a lot) :) my chilies are kept in a secret place (parent house :lol: ) where there are lots of hungry ladybugs :)

yes, i plant all my chillies in polibags, easier to move around when they become too crowded :)

Borne,
Only 1 out of 25 seeds germinated?
That hurst worse :onfire: than the heat from the Pepper.
:dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance:

yes it hurt so much, i thought all the seeds would not germinate since it was rainy season back there, low temperature and wet humidity all day long might affect the percentage of germination :( but i'm happy when one of it survived and now i can collect some seeds :)

later i might try other jolokia strain and burn myself again and again :mouthonfire:

Borne,
Only 1 out of 25 seeds germinated?
That hurst worse :onfire: than the heat from the Pepper.
:dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance:
i purchased 10 cpi bhut jolokia seeds from the pepper company and none of it germinated. :((
even i purchased their red demons that also did not germinate. i use the jiffy pallet method and also on seed pot mixes.

hehe :) i live in sabah, sarawak, labuan and brunei (travel a lot) :) my chilies are kept in a secret place (parent house :lol: ) where there are lots of hungry ladybugs :)

yes, i plant all my chillies in polibags, easier to move around when they become too crowded :)
so it will be hard to locate you since u are always moving around.then who take care of your plants? hmm home base?

so it will be hard to locate you since u are always moving around.then who take care of your plants? hmm home base?

my parent took care for me :) i am sorry i can't reveal their house :) need some privacy :) i have family all over borneo, so i have no trouble travelling around :)

i have some experience with local jiffy, they took much more time to germinate compared with top soil, if you manage to get goat droppings as compost, the chance to germinate is higher but you have to treat the drops first, the drops are slightly acidic...

my parent took care for me :) i am sorry i can't reveal their house :) need some privacy :) i have family all over borneo, so i have no trouble travelling around :)

i have some experience with local jiffy, they took much more time to germinate compared with top soil, if you manage to get goat droppings as compost, the chance to germinate is higher but you have to treat the drops first, the drops are slightly acidic...
so your work takes u around borneo. sorry if u miss understood. i was not asking for their address. just the general area.. like sarawak or sabah or labuan .(inland /seaside/hill) etc. anyway its ok.. generally the weather there is good and the soil is good as well.
hmm goat dung. its difficult to get. do you mix them with some soil/clay/sand or its just pure old dung mixed with dolomite ?
do you know where to buy goronong peppers ? i have not seen any before.

so your work takes u around borneo. sorry if u miss understood. i was not asking for their address. just the general area.. like sarawak or sabah or labuan .(inland /seaside/hill) etc. anyway its ok.. generally the weather there is good and the soil is good as well.
hmm goat dung. its difficult to get. do you mix them with some soil/clay/sand or its just pure old dung mixed with dolomite ?
do you know where to buy goronong peppers ? i have not seen any before.

opsss!!! sorry, my mistake :) its sarawak seaside on the hill with very nice sunset view :) hehe :) nice place to take a nap in the afternoon with cool sea breeze :)

my neighbour have goronong but when i ask some they refuse to give since the plant didn't produce many pod, and i have to que since the demand is overwhelm, they said they'll give some when they have more later :) otherwise i have no other source or where to buy goronong seed...

the drops were open air dried and then mixed with top soil, wood ash and burned soil, then i left it for 2-3 days before using it as potting soil... as a result i have dark green healthy leafs :) you can buy commersial goat drops for pitaya but i tried it before and the plant got burned affect and died after few days... maybe if i add dolomite to the commercial goat drops, the plant would not get burned, feel free to try :)

opsss!!! sorry, my mistake :) its sarawak seaside on the hill with very nice sunset view :) hehe :) nice place to take a nap in the afternoon with cool sea breeze :)

my neighbour have goronong but when i ask some they refuse to give since the plant didn't produce many pod, and i have to que since the demand is overwhelm, they said they'll give some when they have more later :) otherwise i have no other source or where to buy goronong seed...

the drops were open air dried and then mixed with top soil, wood ash and burned soil, then i left it for 2-3 days before using it as potting soil... as a result i have dark green healthy leafs :) you can buy commersial goat drops for pitaya but i tried it before and the plant got burned affect and died after few days... maybe if i add dolomite to the commercial goat drops, the plant would not get burned, feel free to try :)
its ok. Can't you get goronong in your local market ? have you seen them ?? i want u to see if which type of goronong is there ,ok ?
1453084.jpg

this what being claimed around the net as malaysian goronong?
cabekgrunong.jpg

or this which i got from a site on the net

shame on the neighbour....he needs to share it when the plant dies on him then he has others who can help him back to get some seeds.

thanks for the tips on the soil mix. yeah i also have tried the commercial goat dung thing did not work for me... too strong i am sticking to chicken dung.

thanks..

One way to get seeds from your neighbor might be to offer a swap - He gives you a ripe pod so you can grab the seeds, and you offer to return to him one of the seedlings you grow from them.

You get seeds, he gets a new plant :)

haha nice advise there pauly :)
borneocili ..if your neighbor does not want to swap as well. just sneak into his garden and at least get a picture of the plant and pods :) :shh: :whistle:

1453084.jpg

this what being claimed around the net as malaysian goronong?
cabekgrunong.jpg

or this which i got from a site on the net

The type in the first pic has recently become popular around the net and is usually referred to as Cili Goronong yellow. I know there is a red version too but have never seen or grown them myself.
It would be interesting to see what Goronong types you find locally

The type in the first pic has recently become popular around the net and is usually referred to as Cili Goronong yellow. I know there is a red version too but have never seen or grown them myself.
It would be interesting to see what Goronong types you find locally
form what i gather, i am in malaysia and i have not seen a malaysian goronong yet.. and from the net claims of the cili goronong yellow is from malaysia. i found that the ones found here are the red one's(second picture) which was taken in Kuching market by someone else. that's why i was asking borneocili if he has seen any of the above 2 chili's as he is in sarawak.

where is our friend borneocili gone.... :think: there u go woody3says!!! u told him to nab a few pods.. he must have been caught...by his neighbor and handed over to the police..!!..

Back