• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ok a lil advise here

hixs

Banned
Ok went out today and my dorset nagas and jolikia nagas are starting to put out peps.WELL I want to let them get bigger so what is the way to do it?Also what kind of gloves will I need to deal with these things? lol My scorps are starting to change and really want to get ahead of the game.First time for me and hey thanks for the help. Rich

just leave them alone until they start to change color...the size of the pepper can vary plant to plant and even on the same plant...pure genetics like brothers/sisters....you can make sure they have enough nutes to grow but other than that, it is a waiting game..

hixs said:
Ok went out today and my dorset nagas and jolikia nagas are starting to put out peps.WELL I want to let them get bigger so what is the way to do it?Also what kind of gloves will I need to deal with these things? lol My scorps are starting to change and really want to get ahead of the game.First time for me and hey thanks for the help. Rich

Like A.J said live it alone till pods turn red then use Pleytex disposable gloves so you don't burn the skin on your hands even than if you clean lot of pods change another pair of gloves because the Capsicum after while penetrate true the gloves then you fill the pain all night long.

Yup. I gotta pair of the good ol Playtex Gloves that are real thick...not the el cheapo ones...and they have lasted some time. With much washing of course.

Regular garden gloves should be fine for picking pods though, mine are deerskin and very comfy like driving gloves....just don't let stray juices get soaking into them.

Hunan Hand = Bad
Hunan Wang = Very bad

:D

Ok thanks everyone I do appreciate it.Didn`t know if pulling the peps off for a while to make the plant get bigger was a option.Did that with my habs and have an average of 75 or so per plant. Rich

Rich...increasing quantity was not your original question...you asked about increasing size...if you want quantity, the more you pick the more the plant will produce as a general rule...or are you talking about the size of the plant....I am soooooo confused.... :lol:

Sorry guess I was a lil short..main was about the gloves and then was it ok with this plant to pull them off to increase #`S in the long run. Rich

QuadShotz said:
Yup. I gotta pair of the good ol Playtex Gloves that are real thick...not the el cheapo ones...and they have lasted some time. With much washing of course.

Regular garden gloves should be fine for picking pods though, mine are deerskin and very comfy like driving gloves....just don't let stray juices get soaking into them.

Hunan Hand = Bad
Hunan Wang = Very bad

:D

How true!!:shocked::lol::lol:

i think he means the SIZE of the PLANT. not the peppers or the quantity of the peppers ( except for as the size of the PLANT would dictate more peppers most likely ). if you don't think the plants big enough take off the flowers and peppers.

Back