• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ok ok, I submit...HELP!

So I take it most of you people are saying to keep treating the plants with some form of repelant/pesdicide rather than cut back the plants?

Scorpion said:
That stuff sounds like it would be just the thing i rekon...even outside on a still day between rows of plants....hmmm good stuff!

You can also sprinkle the powder liberally around cracks and crevices or anywhere you don't want bugs coming in. I would think you could also sprinkle on the soil in the pot and then water. In theory it should kill the eggs of those flies. Amp warming up..tubes aglowing. Gotta go..

Cheers, TB.

Iggy...are they as bad as what Chris has?

Crank on some blues TB...

imaguitargod said:
Been battling the indoor aphids and white flies that have landed on our over winter pepper crop at my friends hours for about 3-4 months now. Spraying at first with friendly stuff then getting into the non-friendly desperation sprays...and now, I've given up and am almost ready to throw in the towel...but first wanted to get tthe people's opinion here. Should I:

1. Throw them out.
2. Keep spraying every week
3. Do #2 and a few weeks before taking them back outside cut them down to stumps to eliminate most of the aphids and spray the new grow outside to prevent future attacks?
4. Do #2 and cut them down now.
5. Nuke 'em from orbit b/c we all know it's the only way to be sure.
6. Other.

Don't be a quiter bro, do #2 and #3

imaguitargod said:
Been battling the indoor aphids and white flies that have landed on our over winter pepper crop at my friends hours for about 3-4 months now. Spraying at first with friendly stuff then getting into the non-friendly desperation sprays...and now, I've given up and am almost ready to throw in the towel...but first wanted to get tthe people's opinion here. Should I:

1. Throw them out.
2. Keep spraying every week
3. Do #2 and a few weeks before taking them back outside cut them down to stumps to eliminate most of the aphids and spray the new grow outside to prevent future attacks?
4. Do #2 and cut them down now.
5. Nuke 'em from orbit b/c we all know it's the only way to be sure.
6. Other.

DONT GIVE UP! My Over Wintered Habs were TOTALY INFESTED! I could not keep up with them! Leaves were so covered you could see more bugs than leaf!

I elliminated every single one... And I did this by cutting all my plants down to a stump, waxing the tops (Birthday candles work great) and remove any sort of mulch from the pots, inspect every stump and pot, killing any aphid you can find (All it takes is one aphid to reinfest).

I then poured very hot water (As hot as it gets from the tap) and poured into each pot once up to the brim. After that I put under lights and waited... Every plant but two sprouted, and when they were still small sprouts coming from every which way I only had two plants with aphids and their numbers were very small... I eliminated them, and kept a close watch for any more sightings.

Now all my plants are large and touching leaves, so if there was an aphid in only one pot, my whole area would be infested now.

Have not seen a SINGLE APHID since killing two or three back when they were sprouting from the stumps.

I never thought I'd eliminate them, but it worked! HANG IN THERE BUDDY! DONT GIVE UP!

Iggy...I fought them for about 2 months before plantout last year and even had to fight them for about 2 weeks after plantout...

good luck with it man...you just have to be dilligent with the treatments...I was spraying every other day...they almost killed my little elfs...

I found that alternating sprays of neem and safer soap worked pretty well and finally just started using safer...if I get a problem with them this year, I will use a combination of neem and safer for my spray...

Back