• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil OK to add more potting soil?

Rookie growing question here:

With the original potting soil settling in my pots. Repeated waterings have also contributed, is it ok to add a few inches of fresh soil to the pots? Not sure if that would harm the main stem currently out of the soil? Thanks in advance.

When the new layer of soil will get wet, it'll induce rooting on that part of the stem. not a bad thing, just so you know.

Get a bag of the composted cow manure and mix it 50/50 with peat. Layer a couple of inches of that in and watch those babies grow!!

Good luck RJ.

When the new layer of soil will get wet, it'll induce rooting on that part of the stem.
Thanks Omri. I knew tomato plants do this but wasn't sure about peppers.

This would be a perfect time to add some compost, worm castings, and a little bit of more soil

Get a bag of the composted cow manure and mix it 50/50 with peat. Layer a couple of inches of that in and watch those babies grow!!

Add some compost ,peat, manure and some castings along with some Bone meal mixed in on the top, that should fix you right up.

All great suggestions. Thank you. None of it had even occured to me.

Oh yea...Happy 4th of July!

Back