• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Okay some pics of my pepper plants growing new leaves

These things are more resilient than I thought. They are sprouting new leaves up to to take over from the damaged ones. Now if only I can keep the aphids in check. All gone now, will spray every so often just to be sure.

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1800.jpg

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

Finally some video of them swinging in the warm breeze out on the deck. I'll bring them in for the night and then if it's warm enough out again tomorrow.

The cherry pepper plant leaves wilted after 10 minutes in the sun, so I took them in. These habs seem to love the sun.

It's going to be in the 80's F the next few days. Any problem leaving them outside? Bugs? Pests? Night time avg 57-61F. (27-31C high, 14-16C low)

I wouldn't leave them outside for more than 8 hours if they haven't been out before. And most of that would be shade. Yours may harden up a little faster because you're giving them window light to begin with. (as opposed to people who just use artificial lights) Mine seem to be taking forever to harden and as soon as they see more than a couple of hours of direct sunlight, they sun scald. Test a few to see how much they can take if you have extras. Most of your mangled plants look the same as mine after battling aphids. Check for aphids everyday, spray when you need to.

bigt said:
I wouldn't leave them outside for more than 8 hours if they haven't been out before. And most of that would be shade. Yours may harden up a little faster because you're giving them window light to begin with. (as opposed to people who just use artificial lights) Mine seem to be taking forever to harden and as soon as they see more than a couple of hours of direct sunlight, they sun scald. Test a few to see how much they can take if you have extras. Most of your mangled plants look the same as mine after battling aphids. Check for aphids everyday, spray when you need to.

The habs seem to tolerate sun pretty well. The byadagi, sannam, and cherry hots/cherry bombs wilt a bit. So the potted habs stayed outside today. I took them in for the night though. Not going to be cold but still... They aren't that large yet.

I contemplated leaving them out but decided against it.

worlok said:
The habs seem to tolerate sun pretty well. The byadagi, sannam, and cherry hots/cherry bombs wilt a bit. So the potted habs stayed outside today. I took them in for the night though. Not going to be cold but still... They aren't that large yet.

I contemplated leaving them out but decided against it.

That windowsill light probably helped them. Mine were easier to harden off when I was using more natural light.

Yes,They will be fine.I even saved a damped off pepper this year.Just moved it to a shady location,with bright lite.

ugh, mine are still so tiny. i should have planted earlier. next year i'm starting in feb like you. The packets say ~90-100 days to maturity for my Caribbean reds, Jamaican Hot Chocolates, and Peruvian White Habs. I'm guessing that isn't true?

SnakeDoc said:
ugh, mine are still so tiny. i should have planted earlier. next year i'm starting in feb like you. The packets say ~90-100 days to maturity for my Caribbean reds, Jamaican Hot Chocolates, and Peruvian White Habs. I'm guessing that isn't true?

I know I see the same numbers floating around but how can that be true? Maybe in the BEST of environments, sans bugs and pests... :?:

SnakeDoc said:

I think those numbers are days from transplant, there was a thread about that a while ago but i can't seem to find it. 100 days sounds about right for my hab if i hadn't been pinching the buds off.

Back