• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

OMFG wild in tha amazon ?

my mom's friend just sent this to my mom cuhz he knows my instrest in hot peppers.

"We were walking through the Amazon today and we came across an abandoned garden. Our guide pointed out the hottest peppers in Brazil so i grabbed some for Mike to try and seeds for him to grow. Hope the survive the journey home. Thanks again for lunch and let Mike know he's got some hot peppers coming his way!"

i think its a wild ? but idk. im exicted to get it and hopefully name it?
will post pictures when i get them.

cool i like wild native peppers too if they grow well i will be glad to have few seeds and add them to the website so other have access to the wild brazilan pepper

sweet. yeaah ill definietly hook you up.
& do i get to like name them?
No you dont get to name then you will carry your mom's name lolol :) . lets say your mom is ana and the pepper is yellow so the story will say that we got this wild brazilian pepper from Ana who was visting Bazile in 2011. she sent some seeds to her son who is my friend and shared the seeds with me since we dont know the name we will call it Ana's amarela silvestre which means Ana's wild yellow. :cool: so you have to ask if she let you name it . i am sure that pepper is wellknown to locals but not for us or it could have another name we use for the same pepper . what ever is the story i am a BIG fan for wild local peppers why... bcz you cant easily find them any where else and they are fun to grwo
good lluck with your Brazilian pepper and keep us updated
Judy

i have some wild malaysian pepper sent to me by Srin2 our friend here . i am very greatful for that. next season it will be offered for public to try his name will be included as referance for the pepper.

That would be so cool to grow wild/abandoned garden peppers!!!!!
Pepper plants all originated from South and Central America as well as the Caribbean No?

No you dont get to name then you will carry your mom's name lolol :) . lets say your mom is ana and the pepper is yellow so the story will say that we got this wild brazilian pepper from Ana who was visting Bazile in 2011. she sent some seeds to her son who is my friend and shared the seeds with me since we dont know the name we will call it Ana's amarela silvestre which means Ana's wild yellow. :cool: so you have to ask if she let you name it . i am sure that pepper is wellknown to locals but not for us or it could have another name we use for the same pepper . what ever is the story i am a BIG fan for wild local peppers why... bcz you cant easily find them any where else and they are fun to grwo
good lluck with your Brazilian pepper and keep us updated
Judy

alriight sounds good ! & thankks & i will keep you guys updatedd.

Cool. Always love to hear stories like this! Definitely am interested in seeds for next season. :) Look me up.

Chris

haha thankks & yeaah ill give you some seeeds !

That would be so cool to grow wild/abandoned garden peppers!!!!!
Pepper plants all originated from South and Central America as well as the Caribbean No?

yeaah they did. & im superr exicted to grow them !

Might be the Aji Serpiente, kinda like the naga.

If everyone made their own names for peppers they found then it would really make things very confusing. If you can't identify it then I'd label it "unknown Brazilian", and then add your seed source name or your own name if you must. Maybe "unknown Brazilian-Mike"
If its really Brazil's hottest pepper then it must be a C. Chinense and they'd be easy to ID, but its likely not actually the hottest.
If it is a wild pepper then it should also be fairly easy to identify

If everyone made their own names for peppers they found then it would really make things very confusing. If you can't identify it then I'd label it "unknown Brazilian", and then add your seed source name or your own name if you must. Maybe "unknown Brazilian-Mike"
If its really Brazil's hottest pepper then it must be a C. Chinense and they'd be easy to ID, but its likely not actually the hottest.
If it is a wild pepper then it should also be fairly easy to identify

yeaah haha. alriiight.

Back