• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds OMG my Fatlai seed sprouted this afternoon.

:P:P:P:P

Im so happy. I know its no big deal to anyone really but I have never grown anything from seed and only had 2 so I tried the in soil method and paper towel method. The soil one sprouted this afternoon and broke through the soil. WOOT!!!!!!!

How long do I wait to give it light?

Thats awesome! Nah, on this forum its a big deal to alot of us! Because we know how great it is, especially me being a newbie ;)

Im 100% noob at this and it felt like I had just constructed a sky scraper by hand this afternoon when I checked. I dont want to screw this up at all and cant believe one gre up. Feels like Im taking care of my own child. :)

My Naga has yet to sprout.

pour the light to it...and make sure when it starts growing to run a fan to make the stem strong or "exercise" it by gently brushing your fingers against it and making it move like the wind would....my grandmother just thumped all of her seedlings...it was funny to watch her go from plant to plant with snuff dripping down the corners of her mouth thumping her seedlings...

Congratulations and we all feel the same as you whenever we get new sprouts. Then as they grow, we all tend to them like new parents to an infant...LOL I agree with AJ, give them light. I was giving mine about 16 hours per day of light. Also, if your using fluorescents, make sure you keep the lights as close to the sprouts as possible (almost touching the bulbs) this helps keep them from getting too leggy.

Ok thanks guys. It still isnt standing straight up, is kind of bent to one side but its further along this morning than it was last night. Ill find a nice sunny window to stick it in now. Or can I put it on the back porch since its already 90 degrees here and 70+ humidity?

It's still growing, give it a couple of hours.
Now 'bout the light. if you don't have bulbs, put it in the shade. you don't want you're little baby to wilt, now don't you?

Omri said:
It's still growing, give it a couple of hours.
Now 'bout the light. if you don't have bulbs, put it in the shade. you don't want you're little baby to wilt, now don't you?

No lights at all. Im going to let it actually stand up before I try any light on it. Is it ok to set outside this early??

billyboy said:
:) How I love raising new seedlings, proud as punch I bet you are!:cool:

Very much I am. :)

Necrocannibal said:
No lights at all. Im going to let it actually stand up before I try any light on it. Is it ok to set outside this early??

Very much I am. :)
How early is it? if it's not too cold and you have a nice spot outside with not too much wind and just enough shade, you're to set to go.

I agree with Omri Necro...it surely is warm enough in Memphis to set them outside...but they need protection from the wind and direct sun...shade first to let them get use to the temperature differentials and gradually let them get use to the sunlight...don't make the mistake I did by not hardening off properly...(another thread about that here on the forum)...

Hey congrats necro and am in the same boat.My 1st time also growing from seeds. Enjoy them!!When my 2 naga`s sprouted this past weekend they went straight to lights and are happy.Haven`t tried outside light yet though.

hixs said:
Hey congrats necro and am in the same boat.My 1st time also growing from seeds. Enjoy them!!When my 2 naga`s sprouted this past weekend they went straight to lights and are happy.Haven`t tried outside light yet though.

I cant get my Nagas to sprout but I read they take longer so Im not giving up.

Back