• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

media One of my jiffy pots is in labour!

It's been an 8 hour labour so far, the sprout poked out of the soil this morning. Bout to go to dinner and I expect it will be fully 'born' by the time I get back.

It's a long red cayenne grown from seed from bunnings (local hardware/garden store) - I planted the seed 6 days ago - 1 day before all my other seeds from THSC.

Huzzah!

cayenne1.jpg

Congratulations Daddy..

hahah no cigars, a bundy OP and coke to celebrate!

Just noticed one red hab has popped it's little head out too.. 6 days for that one. fast eh!

Congrats!

Dam, I went to take a companion pic of my baby Bih and the cam batteries were frelled...argh.

ATM, I have 2 Savinas, 3 Orange habs, 1 Morich, 1 CR Hab, 1 Choc Hab, and 1 Bih that are all about the status of yours or on just cotyledons..its fun eh?

Damn those Bih take awhile to get going, but it'll be worth it..just like their progeny eh? :-)

Nice pic BTW. :)
-QS

hehe well i have 3 (4?) babies now...

the twin cayennes:
cayenne2.jpg

Red hab (seed from Neil at THSC) 6 days since planting:
redhab.jpg

And I put this one in on monday - 3 days ago! Dropped a few seeds from some mini roma tomatos I was munching on.. i love mini romas!!
miniroma.jpg

Even after years of growing, checking for germinated seeds every day remains exciting as f**k! :)

Congrats - way to go!

Chiliac said:
Even after years of growing, checking for germinated seeds every day remains exciting as f**k! :)

Congrats - way to go!

Thanks!

some more newborns:

morebabies.jpg

the hab limon seeds germinated FAST.. as did the black cubans and black pearls..

Still no nagas popping up, might not be warm enough for them

you are gonna love the way the Purple Tiger looks with the varigated leaves, purple fruit ripening to red...haven't eaten one yet tho...

AlabamaJack said:
you are gonna love the way the Purple Tiger looks with the varigated leaves, purple fruit ripening to red...haven't eaten one yet tho...

Yah I decided to grow a few ornamental varieties - should be fun! Just hope my Nagas will eventually show themselves!

RingburnDave said:
It's been an 8 hour labour so far, the sprout poked out of the soil this morning. Bout to go to dinner and I expect it will be fully 'born' by the time I get back.

It's a long red cayenne grown from seed from bunnings (local hardware/garden store) - I planted the seed 6 days ago - 1 day before all my other seeds from THSC.

Huzzah!

cayenne1.jpg

Congratulation, mother nature do some wonders

Back