• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

One Sweet Plant !

This yellow scorpion has been a very special plant , it gave me full sized pods in the middle of winter just sitting in the kitchen bay window . this is its 2nd . full crop ,just loaded lots of green ones in there . all the pods have great tails , all uniform in size , and all ripen at about the same time ! she's only in a 5 gal. so lots more room to grow . but i like it right where its at .  I would like to Thank my good friend 96STRAT for sending me this plant last spring . 

IMG_0797.JPG

moruga welder said:
yes , i do a lot of topping , my jays peach ghost/scorps. have so many branches with pods its crazy ,
I think I'll have to try it. Great plant by the way, I've never heard of them podding in the winter. It's also huge and produces as many pods as half my garden put together.

cruzzfish said:
I think I'll have to try it. Great plant by the way, I've never heard of them podding in the winter. It's also huge and produces as many pods as half my garden put together.
thanks bro , she'd get a lot bigger if i'd pot up but it gives me plenty of powder . and it allows for 4 plants in 5 gal. containers to sit in the bay window comfortably all winter . i didn't cut it back it stayed just like this . the kitchen ceiling fan was just enough to get the flowers to pollinate . 

moruga welder said:
thanks bro , she'd get a lot bigger if i'd pot up but it gives me plenty of powder . and it allows for 4 plants in 5 gal. containers to sit in the bay window comfortably all winter . i didn't cut it back it stayed just like this . the kitchen ceiling fan was just enough to get the flowers to pollinate . 
For me it doesn't even matter if the flowers get pollinated. The pods are all penny sized, shapeless blobs with almost no seeds and no spice.

moruga welder said:
This yellow scorpion has been a very special plant , it gave me full sized pods in the middle of winter just sitting in the kitchen bay window . this is its 2nd . full crop ,just loaded lots of green ones in there . all the pods have great tails , all uniform in size , and all ripen at about the same time ! she's only in a 5 gal. so lots more room to grow . but i like it right where its at .  I would like to Thank my good friend 96STRAT for sending me this plant last spring . 

attachicon.gif
IMG_0797.JPG
Nice!

What are you growing that in and what fertilizers are you giving it?  Hard to tell form the pic, but it looks like maybe some bark mulch on top.

Been good, busy with work at the moment. It's 2:11am and I'm working (should be any way) right now. My starts are looking good, but I have way too many. Lol. Your Reapers are doing very well. They've turned a little purple under the lights, did you get this? Can't wait for this season, it'll be a big one that's for sure.

How about you and your sheila?

SR.

Great looking scorpion... Are ya gonna keep her another winter ? I'm sure your saving seeds from her-she is sure a keeper.

Back