• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Onions?

I'm growing some kind of yellow onion.:eh: How will I know when they are ready to be dug up? They all have long/big green tops and I think it was the last thing grandma would pick for the seasons!:banghead:

My son (who was not very bright) mowed the tops off mine last year, though they been in the ground for quite a while. I dug them in September and they were good.

Mike

wordwiz said:
My son (who was not very bright) mowed the tops off mine last year, though they been in the ground for quite a while. I dug them in September and they were good.

Mike

OMG, thats funny! But it does help with my answer... Thanks:lol:

Onions and garlic are pretty much foolproof veggies.

Speaking of which...I just got two bags of Walla Walla Sweets for $3.00 :D

MrArboc said:
I've never met an onion I couldn't eat and enjoy raw.

Heh, You must get different ones than we do in the States.

Your average white or yellow cheapo supermarkey onion here will be terrible if ya take a bite out of it.

I use 'em raw on sandwiches and stuff of course, but in smaller amounts.

QuadShotz said:
Heh, You must get different ones than we do in the States.

I lived for a year in the US. That was all I needed to get a High School Diploma.

Guess you guys hid the bad ass American unions from me? Probably as strong as american coffee right?

:lol:

MrArboc said:
Guess you guys hid the bad ass American unions from me? Probably as strong as american coffee right?

1. Yeah, we didn't want to make anyone cry.
2. You must have never had my coffee then.... :twisted:

I got ya beat..I skipped all of gradeschool, started my schooling in the 7th grade, and still graduated H.S. early with a B Avg. ;)

Back