• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

only one of my OWs has this brown splotch.

So the temps have been great lately, but earlier this week it dropped to 35 One morning for a hot minute. If this is cold damge though, why aren't my other OWs showing these symptoms? I top dressed with a little alpaca poo, but it's way too light to burn anything. Can't find aphids, though there are a couple little black specks here and there on the stems that have a white web coming from them when I pull them off, I assume that's scale? Either way there were only a few. What's goin on?

20150220_131611_zpsteoqjsev.jpg
[/img]

20150220_131619_zpsj5tbxl7u.jpg
[/img]

20150220_131627_zpsq162hpph.jpg
[/img]

It looks like what often happens to rose bushes with black spot and this happened to my OWs one year, the 7 pod brown. I put it out to the street thinking it would harm the other plants, trim off all the dead and see if it recovers. 

It's not aphids. I see no telltale signs of them and further, aphids generally attack the newest growth such as the tips and flowers. In essence where most off the plants juices are present. I see nothing that indicates this. Looks more viral.

neem oil into the soil ( heavy dose )  i used fertilomes triple x with neem , treats fungal in soil ,leaves , kills mites all critters . got it at the local nursey . or could spray h2o2 on leaves , and treat soil .    worth a shot     :onfire:

Mine do this every year, it's fungal.  It's from the soil staying too wet.  Won't really hurt the plant too much in the overall.  Water less and maybe put a fan on them about an hour or two a day.

Back