labels Opinion on this label?

Hey all,

I've had a couple of small delis here in Glasgow ask about stocking a sauce I make for friends and family due to enthusiastic mates talking to shop owners about it. Here's a label I came up with j what do you think? Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
KB

LSirg4B.jpg

I was going to call it 'Tom's Curious Sauces', so I should definitely put that on the front of the label. I need to add where it's produced per local regulations so I'll pop that on there too.

I'll post the new finished one up when I get all the extra bits filled in to make sure it's good to go.

Thanks ever so much for all your input, everyone. I don't think that without this site I would've decided to do this. It may fall flat on its face, but at least I gave it a shot.

Klaatu Barada said:
Thanks for all the info! I've checked with the UK Intellectual Property Office and the term "Smokey Chipotle" isn't registered, so I'm safe from anyone with a fancy for lawsuits.

You're fine, provided you never itend to sell, or advertise it in the United States. And if that company sells internationally, there could be issues in those countries.

That all said, I love the wood burn look.

wonder how that would play out if klaatu registered "smokey chipotle" and all spelling variations in his country....  Hey someone over on this side of the pond thought enough of that phrase to (trademark? copyright?) the words.  Might be valuable Over There also....

Some countries honor each other's trademarks as part of international trade agreements.

None of us are patent/trademark attorneys. Because of the known sensitivity surrounding that term, I'd strongly suggest consulting with an attorney prior to naming your product this.

I don't mean to sound like a naysayer - I like the logo. But you should always CYA.

Good luck!
:cheers:

Back