• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Options for pots?

Here in Melbourne, we are on water restrictions where we can only water our gardens twice a week, between 6 am - 8 am only.

I'm trying to work out what sort of pots I should get. A lot of people here seem to indicate that the plants hate wet feet, but I'm currently using some water saving pots that have a small reservoir at the bottom and act like a wicking system, and the plants seem to love it.

Im happy to go without the self watering pots, but Im worried that in the middle of summer when we start getting 35+ degree temperatures, that they will not survive upto 4 days without water.

Does anyone live in a similar climate, or have any suggestions about the scenario I find myself in?

Ahhhhhhhhh Being Environ Friendly, i have a couple of tips on aquiring water for your beloved Plants,,

1, we have to shower,, and it takes a lil while for the water to heat up// set temp etc, so if you put a Bucket under whilst its warming to ya temp, theres a bit, and a water savving shower rose still puts out 9 litres a Min.. thats a whole watering Can.. got a wife, theres 2, but if shower with her, back to 1, lol

2, Bio degradeable, non phosphate washing machine powder. Ya got to wash clothes once or twice a week,, and then as washing machines are in laundry , run the outlet hose out window into those 25 ltr drums or whatever..

3, more trouble and cost, but they have diverters for ya sink in kitchen that goes in ya pipes under sink and diverts the washing up stuff outside

theres a few.. :) peace man lol

Back