trade Orange Fatali pod trade?

Just picked another harvest of orange fatali's today and was interested in seeing if anyone was interested in trading small flat rate boxes of pods for some other type of hot/superhot.

Would be a small filled USPS priority flat rate box.

If interested PM me today or tomorrow, would have to get it set up over the weekend and shipped out Monday to make sure everything stays fresh.

sometimes i have noticed that when Fatalii are over-ripe can tend to have an orange hue
not saying that this is the case but anything is possible,just look at some of the oddities i sell? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i love fatalii!!
i grow them every year

thanks your friend Joe

These go straight from green to orange without a stop at yellow. I purchased it as a seedling from my local Master Gardeners pepper sale.

Here are actual pictures of them on the plant ripening.

IMG_3047.jpg by SlowRolling, on Flickr

IMG_3045.jpg by SlowRolling, on Flickr

They are significantly hotter than Yellow Fatali's I tried from buddy. I'd say they are a small but definitely noticeable step above all of my habaneros, but definitely less hot than a bhut or any other top of the line superhot.

These go straight from green to orange without a stop at yellow. I purchased it as a seedling from my local Master Gardeners pepper sale.

They are significantly hotter than Yellow Fatali's I tried from buddy. I'd say they are a small but definitely noticeable step above all of my habaneros, but definitely less hot than a bhut or any other top of the line superhot.

Since I'm a still a novice when it comes to hot peppers you can use this as a reference of other peppers I've tried

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/25258-reviews-of-buddys-anonymous-box-of-peppers/

my first batch of orange fatalii were brilliant orange, the second round are more yellow but still do not taste like the expected citrusy flavour.

i have a post under hot talk, BC Fataliis, you can see an explanation and a mcdermott taste video describing the heat value - they are hot, too hot for me to try. as a matter of fact, i will over winter my current plants and wait for them to die off, i will be ordering yellow fatalii to get the flavour i am looking for.

g6csy now has them listed as a variety.

My first thought was that Fatalii peppers are usually yellow, but today when i was out at Apache Seeds in Edmonton, i had a look through their peppers seeds and was surprised to find Fatalii seeds being offered there.

But the interesting thing was that the photo of the peppers showed them to be almost a dark carrot orange.

Photo color rendering doesn't always match up with what our eyes see and light temperature coloring can also influence perceived color.

These seeds were from Seed Savers Exchange and were described as such:

1214 - Fatalii (Capsicum chinense)
The hottest pepper we offer, from the Central African Republic.
Habanero-type peppers with delicious citrus flavor and few seeds.
Three-inch-long golden-orange fruits are borne in abundance on sturdy 30" plants.
A great choice for pots and can be overwintered inside, 90 days from transplant.
Sizzling hot.

I picked up a pack of the seeds and will compare them to some other supposedly 'true' Fatalii seeds once the plants are grown out next season.

There seems to be acceptable color variations in other pepper varieties, maybe this is the case with the Fatalii pepper as well?

dvg

Sorry for being MIA guys, I decided to pick up a dehydrator yesterday and dehydrate pods to store them.

I deseeded a bunch of them though so I can trade seeds and maybe some dried pods later. Doing a long low heat dry to help retain color.

Based on Burning Colon's description of his "Orange Fatali" I'd say mine is different, most likely just a very dark version of a normal Fatali I don't think it's crossed with anything as it definitely does not taste like a habanero

Back