• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Orange Hab Flowers Dropping!? eek =(

I had that same problem until i put some different lights on the plant, went with four Feit electric bulbs 42w each soft white 2700k that i got at menards for 8$ each and with in a week i had more leaves and flowers... as for the bone meal i wouldn't know esp if your wondering if Nitrogen excess is part of the problem... I always thought excess N causes a yellowish looking leaves??
in your pic that pepper plant looks pretty good to me?

as for the bone meal i wouldn't know esp if your wondering if Nitrogen excess is part of the problem... I always thought excess N causes a yellowish looking leaves??
in your pic that pepper plant looks pretty good to me?

I have never seen a surplus of Nitrogen cause yellowing of the leaves. One of the references I mentioned earlier mentions the abundance of foliage and dark green leaves:

Symptoms of Deficiencies and Toxicities by Element
Nitrogen Toxicity: Leaves are often dark green and in the early stages abundant with foliage. If excess is severe, leaves will dry and begin to fall off. Root system will remain under developed or deteriorate after time. Fruit and flower set will be inhibited or deformed.

I have also seen the space between the leaves increase and plants cease to bloom after transplanting a plant into a pot filled with Nitrogen laden fertiliser. The Capsicum Pubescens varieties and Capsicum Chinense varieties I have grown seem to have more particular nutrient requirements.

I had success potting up one of my over wintered orange Habaneros reusing the potting mix from another pot that contained an over wintered plant. I chose to reuse that potting mix as the plant that was growing in it depleted the Nitrogen in it.

The result is a compact bushy plant that didn't sprawl out:

Dense Habanero plant

In contrast one particular orange Habanero plant I grew last season sprawled and dropped the vast majority of its flowers with nil gain.

sorry the picture is not that clear the only camera i have is on my phone
orangehab.jpg
Do you have a photo of the entire plant like the one of mine?

I have never seen a surplus of Nitrogen cause yellowing of the leaves. One of the references I mentioned earlier mentions the abundance of foliage and dark green leaves:

Symptoms of Deficiencies and Toxicities by Element

I have also seen the space between the leaves increase and plants cease to bloom after transplanting a plant into a pot filled with Nitrogen laden fertiliser. The Capsicum Pubescens varieties and Capsicum Chinense varieties I have grown seem to have more particular nutrient requirements.

I had success potting up one of my over wintered orange Habaneros reusing the potting mix from another pot that contained an over wintered plant. I chose to reuse that potting mix as the plant that was growing in it depleted the Nitrogen in it.

The result is a compact bushy plant that didn't sprawl out:

Dense Habanero plant

In contrast one particular orange Habanero plant I grew last season sprawled and dropped the vast majority of its flowers with nil gain.

Do you have an photo of the entire plant like the one of mine?

Interesting Harry! I could see that making sense if the fert used to feed contains at least 5% N+ N enriched soil. It would also depend on how often you feed too. My fert contains only 3% N because it's a grow/bloom formula

Back