• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Order these.. in heat :D

Hi guys!

Douglah
7 Pot Primo
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Red
7 Pot Jonah
7 Pot Brain Strain
TS Morouga yellow
7 Pot Yellow
Bhut jolokia
Orange Scorpion
Naga Morich
Jamaican Hot Chocolate habanero
Fatali
Congo Trinidad
Caribbean red
Mustard habanero
Orange habanero
Scotch bonnet
Banda ma Jacques
Rocoto
Bird's Eyes
Purple jalapeno
Serrano
Aji yellow
Ancho

They are the growers for this year... Do people want to order them in their opinion/collective opinion of what is hottest to lowest?
Cheers :D I'm excited.. heating pads make such a difference!

Hi guys!

Douglah
7 Pot Primo
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Red
7 Pot Jonah
7 Pot Brain Strain
TS Morouga yellow
7 Pot Yellow
Bhut jolokia
Orange Scorpion
Naga Morich
Jamaican Hot Chocolate habanero
Fatali
Congo Trinidad
Caribbean red
Mustard habanero
Orange habanero
Scotch bonnet
Banda ma Jacques
Rocoto
Bird's Eyes
Purple jalapeno
Serrano
Aji yellow
Ancho

They are the growers for this year... Do people want to order them in their opinion/collective opinion of what is hottest to lowest?
Cheers :D I'm excited.. heating pads make such a difference!

I'll say out of those, the bhuts ive had are consistently the hottest, and then moruga had the hottest individual pepper but one wasnt too bad.. The brain was actually one of the weaker pods ive had. Douglah are consistently liek lava as well..

I had the same experience with the brain... I went in expecting an inferno, and while it DEFINITELY had heat, it was completely out-classed by the primos and butch ts I had.

Douglahs are hot, especially if you get them off of JR, Pepperlover, Semiilas D or Rainbow. I know, cos I have purchased and grown from them. My Douglahs almost gave me a heart attack. Real hot from the above.

There are a lot of brains that float around that are not the real deal. I've seen many people post pics and call them brains but you can tell they obviously are not

We have grown Douglahs and Morugas plants purchased from Jim Duffy and they are insanely hot. We also have Butch T and Ghosts from another grower and they are consistently hot with the Butch T a shade or two below the Moruga and Douglah.

My Primos and Moruga reds are from Mr Duffy....... My douglahs, naga morich, yellow 7 pot, orange scorp, brain strain and bonda ma jacques are from Neil of Hippy Seed fame haha
And then the rest are from New Zealand growers that ASSURE me they have been grown in isolation, not cross pollinated etc but I guess we'll see.
The habaneros I thought I was growing last year ended up being... capsicums/bell peppers and I have about 15 plants of them :@

From what I've heard the Douglah is the hottest but not the best flavored, or so I'm told as I haven't tried one yet. I just had my first T.S. but I think my Bhut was a bit hotter, I also was able to try a brain strain, but my poor old taste buds let me down and all I can say is that it way hotter than my bhut. Trying to eat some of the super hots just leaves me unable to taste much of anything. I'm still having a hard time telling just how hot some are compared to others, I guess I just need to eat more of them.

Out of what you've listed, Douglah is número uno (IMO). Mine is also from Duffy. Compared to other super-hots, it is very average with regards to taste; however, the heat is absolutely world class. It is what I would call an aggressive pepper, bordering on angry and delivers weapons grade heat that is consistent in pods throughout the plant. It's not a pretty boy pepper and I'd even go as far as calling it ugly. 7 Pot Yellow is next on my list for heat. This is a beautiful pepper. They get very large and compare well to "Congo" varieties in size, some of my yellow 7 pot peppers grew interesting tails this year. I place it in a tie with another pepper that you don't have listed as my favorite for taste. It has an almost pineapple aroma that is absolutely amazing. 7Pot Primo is what I would rank next. This pepper has a great balance of high heat, flavor and aesthetics. It is a great pepper and very unique; however, I've noticed that it takes slightly longer than other varieties to fully ripen. The TSMB (Duffy) is next on my list as I have found it noticeably inconsistent in searing heat from pod to pod. It would rank higher if it wasn't for that inconsistency. I find the flavor/aromatics much more appealing than the Douglah and put it about even with the Primo. I'd rank the Bhut Jolokia and Nagas next, followed by the Fatali and Habaneros. The most pronounced pepper that I've experienced is not listed. The Butch T Scorpion, grown by Butch himself, is king. I'd rank his peppers even with Dougah for consistency pod to pod and give them the edge in heat. I'd describe the taste like how rust might taste or battery acid. Good luck with the grow!

Out of what you've listed, Douglah is número uno (IMO). Mine is also from Duffy. Compared to other super-hots, it is very average with regards to taste; however, the heat is absolutely world class. It is what I would call an aggressive pepper, bordering on angry and delivers weapons grade heat that is consistent in pods throughout the plant. It's not a pretty boy pepper and I'd even go as far as calling it ugly. 7 Pot Yellow is next on my list for heat. This is a beautiful pepper. They get very large and compare well to "Congo" varieties in size, some of my yellow 7 pot peppers grew interesting tails this year. I place it in a tie with another pepper that you don't have listed as my favorite for taste. It has an almost pineapple aroma that is absolutely amazing. 7Pot Primo is what I would rank next. This pepper has a great balance of high heat, flavor and aesthetics. It is a great pepper and very unique; however, I've noticed that it takes slightly longer than other varieties to fully ripen. The TSMB (Duffy) is next on my list as I have found it noticeably inconsistent in searing heat from pod to pod. It would rank higher if it wasn't for that inconsistency. I find the flavor/aromatics much more appealing than the Douglah and put it about even with the Primo. I'd rank the Bhut Jolokia and Nagas next, followed by the Fatali and Habaneros. The most pronounced pepper that I've experienced is not listed. The Butch T Scorpion, grown by Butch himself, is king. I'd rank his peppers even with Dougah for consistency pod to pod and give them the edge in heat. I'd describe the taste like how rust might taste or battery acid. Good luck with the grow!
Thanks mate.
What is the most pronounced pepper for you then?
So far I've only had regular red scorps, Jonahs and apparently a Gambian habanero!
Might have to create a growing thread for the particular varieties too!

The Butch T Mississippi Strain Scorpion - grown by Butch. His true plant genetics and incredible skill as a pepper farmer bring the heat to life.

Wow... maybe I'm lucky or unlucky at the same time with my experience.
I've never had a Butch T that tasted horrible, like battery acid or rust...
Hotter than all get out? Absolutely!
My douglahs actually do have a good flavor. I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it tastes like but it wasn't at all distasteful. They have not been my hottest though. :-(
With the exception of my orange habs, giant thais, slim jim cayennes & kung paos, all my super hots were purchased from Jim Duffy.
As an aside, my pods only recently began ripening and my yellow 7 pot does not appear to be a yellow version.. sad because 2 other yellow 7's i ordered from JD were given to my buddies and they both turned out yellow... more importantly, those yellow 7's are damn near the hottest i've had to date... including morugas, ts butch t, red 7 jonahs, douglah 7 jonahs...
With the exception of the not yellow 7's i figure it came down to growing conditions here this past summer... go figure.
Bte. The yellow 7 was the absolute best tasting for me... :-)

Ok... so I had to double check my douglahs and

http://s1276.photobucket.com/albums/y471/Brutaldiver/?action=view&current=2012-10-20_11-36-52_634_zps6f4e0162.jpg

Holy Shnitz! !!!

Back