Ordering Seeds?

Hello all,

http://pepperlover.com/component/virtuemart/search?keyword=scotch+bonnet&limitstart=0&option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=0

I looked at the link above and am interested in growing some MoA yellow scotch bonnets and stuffing scotch bonnets, I am told the SHU for them is around 325,000 and 50,000, and hoping they would make a nice hot vs mild mix for making jerk recipes.  The link however I do not understand if the price is for just 1 seed or a packet of a few seeds, and was hoping somebody knew.  I am hoping it is a few seeds in case 1 doesn't germinate, especially since this will be the first time I have grown something....ever.

Thank you for any help in figuring this out.

Shawn

juanitos said:

All our seed packs contain 20+ seeds.
http://pepperlover.com/contact-us

lol thank you juanitos, of course the only area I didn't look under would say it.  Figured it was just a phone number and address under contact haha. 

Peter S said:
It'll be a packet of seeds. From my experience ordering from there, packets have averaged around 25-50+ seeds. Often times she throws in free seeds too.

20 should be plenty to get a few plants going =)  Not really interested in random seeds though unless they are very similar to what i'm growing, and mainly growing them to make Jerk recipes.

I was thinking of growing Bishops Crown also to use in jerk, but not sure if I want too.  (my heat tolerance isn't what you guys have)

Agree with above comments. Great seeds. She always hooks it up. I shared a lot of my mango seeds last year and I still have a bunch left.

Could anybody verify the SHU on the Stuffing Scotch Bonnets? Have heard anything from 0-50,000, yet hear it retains all of its scotch bonnet flavor.

Not sure about the stuffing scotch bonnet SHU. I will say the MoA from Judy is great as are the Bishop's Crown. I grew both from Judy his year and the plants are still going strong. You would be ordering some great peppers for those two. Looks like you did your homework on these. Generally stuffing peppers will be low heat but I will let others who have this pepper chime in.

I tried to order from pepperlover, guess they are out of MoA yellow scotch bonnets, but I did try to order the Stuffing Scotch Bonnets.  They are added to my cart, yet when I try and check out it just keeps asking me for my address over and over again.  I keep updating it and tried it not updated, nothing seems to work.  What am I missing here?

I got in touch with Judy, she says MOA bonnets will not be restocked for 2016, so unfortunately you cannot order those...

Don't know about the address thing, could be your browser?

Well I will try and find another source for MoA scotch bonnets, maybe juanitos if he still has some.  Also guess I will just wait to see if Judy's server is back in working order soon.

twiasp said:

lol thank you juanitos, of course the only area I didn't look under would say it.  Figured it was just a phone number and address under contact haha. 

20 should be plenty to get a few plants going =)  Not really interested in random seeds though unless they are very similar to what i'm growing, and mainly growing them to make Jerk recipes.

I was thinking of growing Bishops Crown also to use in jerk, but not sure if I want too.  (my heat tolerance isn't what you guys have)

Bishop's Hat can be cut to produce variable heat.  The 'lobes' are sweet and virtually heat-free.  If you cut around the top and pull out the seed mass, you'll have a very mild sauce.  Add a little or a lot of the seeds/placenta to dial in a bit of warmth.

Most mild-medium peppers are like that - the capsaicin tends to strongly concentrate at the top of the flesh and around the seeds.  
Supers positively ooze the Evil Oil from every pore, so there is no 'safe' section.

You might also try Aji Amarillo from P.L., they have a mango-like flavor that I quite like.  They are a bit warmer than the Bishops but, again, with a bit of careful pruning you can come away with a not-intolerable heat level.

Haven't tried PL Aji Mango, but that also looks promising. 

Aji Angelo are, IMO, one of the better mild Baccatum varieties.  I've got plenty of OP seeds if you want to send a SASBE. 

I have contacted WickedMike to buy a box of various peppers that he thinks best for sweet/mild range.  He said when he gets the chance he will look into what he has.  I know I want to grow some stuffing scotch bonnets and MoA yellow Scotch bonnets for my jerk recipes.  But am always game to try other types that may go well with stuff too.  After all, its about the experience and learning =)

Back