• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ornamental edible chillies

Looking for some edible fairly hot ornamental chilli seeds and list of plants...so many out there ...so chilli family your help is needed

I think you need to define "Ornamental" Lots of peppers are beautiful an make a great presentation.
Cheiro Roxa is one of my faves with their Purple Peach colors.

Yes i need to define for sure ...i mean nice vibrant colourful plants and pods that produce lots of chillies ..i have a basket of fire chilli plant which was described as ornamental at the garden centre...so i want to great colourful plants that produce some nice tasty medium to hot pods

Check out this thread that I postedhttp://thehotpepper.com/topic/71699-sbs-purple-ornamental/?hl=%2Bsbs+%2Bpurple
I have one plant growing that is what I would describe as "vibrant".  The chillies are quite hot but I really don't like the flavor.  They are annum like but some have a "perfume" taste to me.  You might like them.
Right now the plant has just about all stages of pod colors on it.
I'll try to get a pic later but there are some awesome pics on this site already.  

Edited to add this threadhttp://thehotpepper.com/topic/47439-sbs-purple-ornamental/?hl=%2Bsbs+%2Bpurple+%2Bornamental

Awesome pics!

Purple tiger (also known as trifetti or tricolour variegata).  Extremely ornamental - leaves are variegated green, purple and white.  I've got it growing by my front door in Yorkshire.  Haven't got any ripe pods off it yet though so can't comment on the taste / heat but I'm not expecting it to have any great depth of flavour.

I grew Aji Omnicolour a couple of years ago.  It's not variegated but it's quite bushy for a baccatum (not as lanky and sprawling as some) and was a prolific fruiter so looked fab with lots of ripening fruit on it.

Last year I grew Chenzo and that was attractive too - quite neat and bushy with black pods which eventually turn red.  Main drawback is it's an F1 hybrid so doesn't come true from home-saved seeds.

Back