• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Ornamental Peppers... But what are they?

I was walking through the Garden Department and saw these guys. They were just labeled "Ornamental Peppers - 3 for $6".
I bought them but I have no idea what they are.

Any Ideas?

Thanks Guys ;)

1002213_10201837374674609_1181531137_n.jpg

1185749_10201837374754611_1309574027_n.jpg

1185119_10201837374994617_974438820_n.jpg

The first pepper plant looks like "Black Olive", and the second one looks like a fully ripe "Medusa" plant. not positive on the last one, but hope my guesses help! good luck with the ID. Any way you look at it, those are some nice plants for that price!
-Ben

i could be wrong, but my Black Pearl plants have more rounded peppers. Also, after looking at a couple of the Glogs im following i think i may be wrong on the second one - it could just be a really well-pruned Thai chill plant. How hot are the peppers (if youve tried them)?

Jazzman1001 said:
i could be wrong, but my Black Pearl plants have more rounded peppers. Also, after looking at a couple of the Glogs im following i think i may be wrong on the second one - it could just be a really well-pruned Thai chill plant. How hot are the peppers (if youve tried them)?

They're not even remotely hot and kind of sweet.

just picked up some like your #2, but yellow---and a rainbow type of pepper.

bit into one of each on the way out of the store-----nada for heat, and when I pulled the ID spike it just said "capiscum".

Ummmm---Duhhhhhhh!

Putting on my glasses, I also read "not grown for consumption", so I will let them clean out a bit before determining if they are tasty.

Gotrox said:
Putting on my glasses, I also read "not grown for consumption", so I will let them clean out a bit before determining if they are tasty.

haha I picked a dozen off the plant last night and put them into my sturfry and I'm still alive. No heat but added that "pepper" taste. I would compair them to Red Bells. They're really good and I like them. They'll be in my garden next season.

The test munch for heat had a nice cayenne flavor, but not going to eat any till I flush whatever chemical monstrosity they used to get every branch full of peppers out of them.

black pearls in my experience are in more of bunches. Heatless would be medusa for an ornamental like that. And the last one looks like a hundred other ornamentals so idk. I would guess black olive, medusa, explosive blast.

Back