• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Orrevs 2011 grow log

This year i am growing to sell pods and to learn to grow effective. I live on a farm in sweden. I have a normal work and this crazy chili growing hobby ;)
It started with 1 plant first year, then 3 plants, then 25 plants and last year around 80 plants. I will grow them in my greenhouse and outside.
Mostly in containers 10L ones and few plants in 18L i also gonna try some grow bags i bought for fun to see if its any good.

And i want to point out a BIG BIG BIG BIG thanks to smokemaster who really helped me out and went out and bought a heating mat for me and went true alot of trouble to get it to me!!!

And it might get a bit hard to read its late and i am tired ;) But i will post alot of pictures as always ;))

This year i am planning to have 2 plants per variety of what i am growing.And there is alot of fun varsity to try so there will be alot!

Anyway here goes the start i planted some seeds 2st of jan.

I list in this order NAME, seeds put in dirt, how many that came up that i will save

Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate x1 (spourted!!!!)
Trinidad Scorpion x10 (got 5 plants of it now)
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T x10 (will save 5 plants)
Antalais Caribbean x6 (none spourted so far 3weeks in dirt)
Fatalli Red x3 (1 poped up)

7pot Primo -cmpman x5 (got 4 plants of it)
Yellow Bhut Jolokia x10 (gonna save 6 plants)
Bhut Jolokia x20 (got alot of diff sources of this one so saving 2 per strian total of 8 plants)
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia x10 (saving 4 plants)
Chocolate Fatalii x3 (saving 2 plants)
Morouga Yellow x3 (got 1 plant)
T S CARDI Yellow x10 (got 5 plants prob grow them all out)
T Scorp Morouga Yellow x5 (1 spourted so far)
Trinidad Douglah x5 (2 diff sources growing 2 per source total of 4 plants)
7pot Brain strain x10 (got from 3 diff sources growing 1 per source)
7Pot Barrackpore x3 (Growing 1 plant)
7pot pod White x5 (gonna try to grow as many as i can but the seed cap wont fall off so atm only 1 plant)
Hab Harold's St Bart x3 (2 plants)
Datil x3 (1 plant)
Bonda Ma Jaque x3 (2 plants)
Chiltepin x3 (1 plant)
Dorset Naga x2 (2 plants)
Fatalii yellow x2 (1 plant)
Red Lantern x2 (2 plants)
Naga Morich x2 (2plants)
Pimenta da Neyde x2 (2 plants)
Pimenta da Neyde x Dorset naga x5 (1 spourted ;))) my first cross)
Pimenta da Neyde x Aji amarillo x3 (none so far)
Red savina x3 (saving 1 plant only)

Wilds:

C. Lanceolatum x3 (none so far)
Mini mini
Heart thromb
C.parvifolium
C.rhomboideum
CAP 1144 (C. praetermissum)
C.cardenasii

Next batch i will sow i will do tomorrow!

All the Annuums and C.Bacc and C.Frut will get in dirt i think its over 50 variants i havent made up my mind yet ;)

Pictures will come......

Iphone 4 is good for alot but not taking picture with! Anyway

fadace09.jpg

I use a 200w LE lamp atm i just found out its in the RED spectrum so i gonna go buy a blue one friday.
I also have a MH 400w lamp going my way. ;) I will put up pictures of my set up later on. When i get my system digital camera back.

Yesterday i got my order. A 400w MH lamp and 6x 18L containers and alot of diff sized growbags gonna use some for testing.
Also some perlite. Pictures are comming. This weekend i will also go pick up another 200w LE lamp blue specturum.
And put down all C.Annuum and C.Baccatum in the dirt ;)

So this week i planted about 70 more variety no time to list them atm. But i am quite happy with the ones i picked.
I planted about 60 cells of chillies that i will give away to "dates" and friends. And will keep 70 for my self :)

So today i will just upload some pictures of the progress

First off the plants under the 400w MH they are all superhots

2011_02_14_2666_640x427.jpg

2011_02_14_2671_640x427.jpg

2011_02_14_2669_640x427.jpg

And the seeds i put down.
2011_02_08_2658_640x427.jpg

2011_02_13_2663_640x427.jpg

Nice grow Oscar.

Dunno what's up with the Antillais Caribbean seed as they came from the same source I planted last year and they grew fine. I traded or planted all of those and have some now from THSC and haven't had any luck getting those to pop yet. If I find some more good seed I'll send ya some.

...I planted about 60 cells of chillies that i will give away to "dates" and friends...

Now that idea could lead to a "hot" Valentine... :cool:

Good looking plants! Please tell me about the soil blend you are using. Looks like a lot of perlite in there. I'm new to growing peppers from seeds and need all the help I can get. Looks like you've got something right going on with your growing!

Nice grow Oscar.

Dunno what's up with the Antillais Caribbean seed as they came from the same source I planted last year and they grew fine. I traded or planted all of those and have some now from THSC and haven't had any luck getting those to pop yet. If I find some more good seed I'll send ya some.

Thats odd. for sure but i have so many new plants this year so i am alright! But i was really interested in those! Lemme know if you find any and we can do a retrade ;))

Now that idea could lead to a "hot" Valentine... :cool:

Good looking plants! Please tell me about the soil blend you are using. Looks like a lot of perlite in there. I'm new to growing peppers from seeds and need all the help I can get. Looks like you've got something right going on with your growing!

Yeah, ppl just love getting chili plants so its a good gift.
About the soil blend. I will look it up what the name of it is. But i did put in some extra perlite in it. about 1/4 - 1/5 perlite.
I waited about 3weeks with feeding them with nuts. And now i give them vary little

Here is a few more varietys i put down in dirt 4days ago.

Aji Amarillo
Aji Cristal
Aji Habanero
Ancho Grande
Birds Eye Baby
Black Scorpion Tongue
CAP 220 (C. baccatum)
Cascabell (C. annuum)
Champion (C. baccatum)
Criolla Sella (C. baccatum)
Filius Blue (C. annuum)
Hot Lemon (C. baccatum)
Hungarian Yellow Hot Wax (C. annuum)
Inca Red Drop (C. baccatum)
Jalapeno, Hercules (C. annuum)
Jalapeno, Purple (C. annuum)
NUMEX TWILIGHT (C. frutescens)
Numex Big Jim (C. annuum)
Numex Pinata (C. annuum)
Numex Joe E Parker (C. annuum)
Numex Suave Red (C. chinense)
Onza (C. annuum)
PI 260560 (C. baccatum)
Peruvian purple (C. annuum)
Pink Habanero (C. chinense)
Poinsettia (C. annuum)
Starfish (C. baccatum)
Tabasco (C.frutescens)

Some updates:

First of all i have been installing some new light. 2x T8 ramps that holds 2x T8 lights. I got them under my work table ;)

2011_02_20_2679_640x427.jpg

And here it is

2011_02_20_2681_640x427.jpg

I just placed the plants under it so we will see in a few days how the plants likes it.

And here is some plants under my 200w CFL

2011_02_20_2678_640x427.jpg

And now the big super hot jungle

2011_02_20_2682_640x427.jpg

Followed with some closeups

2011_02_20_2683_427x640.jpg

2011_02_20_2685_640x427.jpg

This is all for today tomorrow i will be re potting allot of young seedlings and go on some aphid hunt :( I wish we had a reseller for ladybugs here you guys in USA are soooo lucky.
One of my plants started to bud already under the MH lamp but i pinched them off.

Its time for another update!
I have been bussy potting up and setting up some new lamps. I bought 2 T8 fixtures and one 90w LED (paid over price) but thats whats happend when you live in small sweden.

Potting up is fun, but prob is where to put them!!! My windows are already taken by overwintred plants.
I think i need one more 90w LED or 50w LED. I want to se how good this one do before buying another one.
But i do know i need one 400w MH or a 90w UFO for sure. We will se in 2weeks.

I also will cover the walls with mylar when i got some time over. Am working full time and this is just a "hobby" ;)
Stressful hobby i may add :)

I will take some closeup pictures on individual plants later on.

Also i take of all the buds.

Under my 400w MH:
All super hots
2011_03_14_2698_640x427.jpg

Under the 90w ufo led
95% super hots and one Hot Charleston pepper.

2011_03_14_2706_640x427.jpg

Under 200w CFL
C.Annuums and C.Baccatum peppers few super hots
2011_03_15_2712_640x427.jpg

And the youngest of them all
under 6x T8 lights

2011_03_15_2710_640x427.jpg

Looking good orrevs, The never ending need for supplies keeps a person busy, and poor! I'll be watching for those close ups.

Good Luck Mike

How is the Hot Charleston doing for you? They grew and produced great for me last year but the plants always looked sick. Looks like yours is nice and green. Your plants are looking great :onfire:

Back