food Oven Ribs & Kimchee

Here Scovie...

100_1299.JPG

100_1300.JPG

I just tried the kimchee, not really fermenting yet. I hope the transfer to the jars will help that. It tastes awesome though. Very garlicky, very hot!!! Those bhuts I added are doing the job.

Nice Jay. Just tie on your bib, flick the meat off the bones (quick wrist action),
throw the bones over your shoulder and put your mouth to that plate of meat with a loud sucking sound.

I wanna watch.

Jay that second shot of the meat falling off the bone causes me to envision unicorn's, pixie fairies, rainbow's and little boys and girls sitting around the campfire singing songs of your legend.

Jay that second shot of the meat falling off the bone causes me to envision unicorn's, pixie fairies, rainbow's and little boys and girls sitting around the campfire singing songs of your legend.
That already happens when he makes hot dogs..... ;)

so so. I used the wrong cabbage I think. Regular green cabbage instead of napa. I am going to try it again.

There is a YouTube video of a little Korean lady "Maangchi" (I think) who's "easy kimchee" recipe I've been using for about a year. Mine has more garlic, more peppers and more onion than hers. I probably triple the amount of green onions she uses. Everyone I've ever given some to has kinda freaked! Kimchee is delicious. I also use the napa cabbage and a bunch of those little baby bok choy, whatever they call them. There is a roundish sorta flat cabbage that the oriental markets sell that is a great addition to kimchee. It looks more like our typical green cabbage. It stays crunchy longer than the napa. I use both in the same batch of kimchee.

Another thing, the real kimchee flavor that I like so much comes from a "Korean" pepper flakes that you must insist on. It is more like a paprika than a hot pepper. Use a lot of it. I add hot pepper to mine but, this Korean stuff is mandatory for the flavor it gives to kimchee. It took me a month to find a small oriental market that carried it. Now that I know what to look for, I've found it in several markets. I'm out right now so I can't give you the name of it.

Because I give a lot of it away, and don't want to take the risk of making anyone sick, I don't add the raw oysters or squid to the whole batch. I add them to the portion I keep for myself. And, I cut back a little on the hottest peppers on the stuff I give away. My taste for the heat has increased and it's too hot for some folks. Here again, I add peppers to mine.

Just had about 90-percent of my stomach removed and rely on my kimchee at least once every day. You'd think that hot peppers would hurt, but I think I could now eat lava and it wouldn't matter. LOL The mouth-burn is another story. Can't believe some of the stuff you guys eat!

I also keep a culture of kefir going at all times and use some of the whey to get the ferment going.

Please keep me in mind the next time you buy that powder. Let me know the name of it so I can look for it!

Back