• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

drying Overstuffed Dehydrator- 2016 PersonalBest stacking trays

Thanks, CHDan!  Just Stack 'em up! 

I may have mentioned it before, but for ease of use, I suggest buying 3/4" or 1" (diameter) white PVC plumbing/irrigation couplings to use as spacers.  That saves having to cut the PVC pipe as I did in the original post. For those folks who don't have the tools or inclination, that's an even easier solution!  :dance:

Go for it and Have Fun!!!!!
SL

the dryer was in the kitchen with the window cracked open, and we could smell the habaneros outside from about 50 feet away.  Noone would go into the kitchen for about a week.  :lol:

interesting side note-  All the habs went throught the processor for thin sliced to speed up drying times. I found a couple whole chiles that fell behind the chopper so I just threw them onto a tray, figured they were thin-walled habs, should dry just fine. 

But-

after a few days the sliced habs were dry.  I didn't have time to process them right then so I just left them in the dryer, on about 115F for a week. When I finally got around to taking care of them, the whole pods were still soft and starting to look funky.  Obviously they got pitched. 

same way any post is edited, but I think there is a number limit to how many times a post can be edited.  Someone else ran into this problem when doing a charity auction and kept adding new auction items. 

I can't edit an unedited post from a month ago, so I'm confused.....

Edit: I held the Oldsalty fundraiser

JoynersHotPeppers said:
There is a time limit on the time frame to edit a post
Really?!?!???  I've edited some of the pinned threads months if not years later. ???

Shorerider said:
I can't edit an unedited post from a month ago, so I'm confused.....

Edit: I held the Oldsalty fundraiser

That's what I thought, but I was in a hurry posting and didn't want to make the wrong comments.  :)

now y'all got me curious.  I'm gonna see if I can edit one of these earlier posts.  BRB~

OK the early posts no longer show the EDIT button.  Wow, is this something new?  I know I've edited other posts many months or years later.  I changed the title on this thread to "...Personal Best..."  just a couple weeks ago. 

salsalady said:
Really?!?!???  I've edited some of the pinned threads months if not years later. ???

That's what I thought, but I was in a hurry posting and didn't want to make the wrong comments.  :)

now y'all got me curious.  I'm gonna see if I can edit one of these earlier posts.  BRB~

OK the early posts no longer show the EDIT button.  Wow, is this something new?  I know I've edited other posts many months or years later.  I changed the title on this thread to "...Personal Best..."  just a couple weeks ago. 
I recently noticed this myself. Seems after 3-4 days you cannot edit anymore

Back