• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fertilizer Overwatered, or under fertilized?

This is one of my Jalapenos, growing in peat pots with Happy Frog Soil, and peat pellets for germination. All of my Jalapenos have roots growing through the bottom of the peat pots. I've never used any ferts so far, just plain water. Bottom watered most of the time. I usually only water when they start to droop, but sometimes, they'll look fine when i go to bed, and be wilted when i wake up. I notice some edema on some of my Jalapenos too. thanks for any help.
DSCI00012_zps7101faab.jpg

also, you can see how wilted the watered one in the background is.

Depending on the fert content of your Happy Frog soil, you may not need to fert just yet. How much light are they getting?

Maybe give them a light fertilizing and see what happens. To me, they don't appear to be diseased but I'm not an expert!

The one in the middle does appear to be yellowing a tad, which is most often caused by overwatering. Edema is also caused by overwatering. However, if you're ensuring they droop a tad between waterings, that shouldn't be it. It's not uncommon for the leaves to be droopy in the morning, then perk up once they get light though. Make sure you are checking at a time other than first thing in the morning.

i dont consider any plant over fed unless its soil leaches at 3+ ec.

after 3+ ec you will chance burning when the soil drys out. my rockwool toms get to some absurd ec... around 4 and they love it. lower ... around 2 they start to veg like crazy... stretching half an inch in a day.
lol ive never been able to burn my toms... and ive been trying. peppers are another thing tho especially when small.

if you want a definative answer... measure the ec of your runoff with the pour through technique outlines everywhere.

I'd recommend a very light first feeding. They really don't look too unhappy though. I never feed my seedlings until 2-3 weeks after sprouting, so yours have held up well without food. I'd say you have Happy Frog to thank for that. Looking good!

I would say overwatering. I don't recommend fert with happy frog at that size.

As an example, I use happy frog and I have never fed this choco bhut, it seems pretty happy. The brown spot is from touching the light bulb for a but too long. If you feed use very diluted seaweed extract or fish emulsion.

o5xuMHI.jpg

Back