• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering overwinter so far

We've had the coldest winter since I moved here in 1996 - still, not as severe as some of you have.  I have lost some peppers but still have some that are surviving!  Lost are the Pimento de Padron and the 7 pot as well as some annums that are too easy to grow anyway.  I have nurtured (so far at least) some Datils, Grenada Hots, Caribbean Reds, and Besler's Cherries shown below.  These plants are working on their 7 season I believe.

We have another major cold front coming later this week so I keep my fingers crossed.

104.jpg

Thanks Spicegeist -

Yes - this year I'm trying to replenish with some Manzanos, cayenne, Anaheim, Serranos, and Harold's St. Bart's.

We'll see.....

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob_b

Have you noticed any increase/decrease in production or does it not seem to matter? 

Damon

Hi Damon - Welcome to the forum!

The Grenada Hot and Besler's cherry continue to be robust and productive despite their age.

The Datil peppers appear to have slowed somewhat but still produced nicely last season.

We'll see how everything does after this epic winter here in Florida!

Thanks -

Bob

Hi Bob

Thanks I appreciate the warm welcome. Just wish it was warm here as it is there. I'm done with below zero.

Damon

Back