• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Overwintered peppers with different shape in 2nd season, how ?

Hi all, I had a few yellow scorpions I overwintered one of them isnt doing particularly fantastic but is giving peppers now but its not the bell shape with the hook from last season its more long like a prune shape lol
is this possible or do I have this confused with a different plant. I had about 20 overwintered plants so its possible but Im pretty sure its the yellow scorpion
Either way Im looking forward to seeing what it is

I looked at my other 3 of the same variety. One is just starting to pepper and they are showing similar scorpion shapes the 3rd one hasn’t started yet. I’ll post once they ripen up and see what they turn out to be. Thanks for the feedback and happy growing 

I have one of those type peppers that was a holdover from last year and I am waiting to see what I have??
I know it is a C. chinense and that I have some fruit that are ripening up but right now they are a peach color and I did not 
expect that,  I am waiting to see if they turn orange and then I would say the plant is "Datil Sweet"

Just a quick update as the peppers grow bigger and the other yellow. Scorpions start to pepper these are the same group of plants from last season and the latest group do have the bell hook shape so it will be interesting to see how these different shaped ones compare heat and taste wise.
only my 2nd season growing super hots so it’s all new to me but I’ll post some pics when and if they ripen

Laheat said:
Just a quick update as the peppers grow bigger and the other yellow. Scorpions start to pepper these are the same group of plants from last season and the latest group do have the bell hook shape so it will be interesting to see how these different shaped ones compare heat and taste wise.
only my 2nd season growing super hots so it’s all new to me but I’ll post some pics when and if they ripen
The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
Looking forward to an update!

Back