• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Overwintering hydroponic plants

All my plants are in an outdoor hydroponic system. I was wondering if anyone else has overwintered plants grown hydroponically. I was thinking of pulling them up and put them in peat moss in a quart size ziplock inside the garage. Should they be kept in some sort of hydro system inside? Looking for some ideas. Thanks.

All my plants are in an outdoor hydroponic system. I was wondering if anyone else has overwintered plants grown hydroponically. I was thinking of pulling them up and put them in peat moss in a quart size ziplock inside the garage. Should they be kept in some sort of hydro system inside? Looking for some ideas. Thanks.
Idealy, you should just bring the system inside. Is there any reason you can't? I have transfered hydro plants to soil before though, its a breeze. Got any lights?

Here's my hydro garden:
peppers013.jpg

peppers014.jpg

You think I should use peat moss or something else?
You mean a "peat based" medium? Sure. Its the main ingredient in most professional growing mediums. I like to add at least 30% perlite and vermiculite as an aerator (as do most manufactures). I also throw other goodies in there as well like compost of various kinds, meals, lime, myco, etc... Have fun with it.

Back