P H tester

While I was looking for something else I came across a digital P H tester for about £12. Just wondering if they might be any good.
Stated use was for fish ponds or swimming pools.

Sorry not sure how to post a link, but a search fo P H tester will find em.

I've heard from others that litmus paper gets stained from the sauce and is hard to read the color. Can't say from personal experience though-

There are other pH testers available for $20 and up. Once again, you will get what you pay for, but it's a start. Also, make sure to order some buffer solution if required for the tester. It's not that expensive.

If you order an inexpensive tester, keep in mind that it will not be as accurate as the more expensive models and allow yourself a margin of error when taking readings and deciding on the final pH of your product.

Go to a hydroponics store and you'll find one. It will be a little more expensive (not too much), but a much safer bet.
:cool:

you should be able to use it with food. do your self a favor and buy some ph buffer tho;hanna HI 70300 is an example of this fluid.
you HAVE to store the probe wet, otherwise it will ruin quickly,also never store it in ro/DI water it will also ruin it.

also after you use it you should flush the tip with clean water and store it with the buffer like i said.

a little advice if i may be so bold, buy a hanna or another meter that has a warrenty on the PROBE. imo you have like a 50% shot of getting a good probe with the ultra cheep meters. if it dosent calibrate, contact the manufacturer and request a replacement. ive done this with hanna and they had great service.

edit: correction HI 70300 is the storage solution you need. HI 7061 is the cleaning solution

Back