• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Panola Fuego Hanabero Salsa

I was at Odd Lots, and they had these 5 oz. bottles for $.70 each, plus 20% off. So I figured, I had to try it...

This is a Louisiana style hot sauce. "Salsa" in the name is certainly meant as "sauce," in the proper Spanish translation, not the salsa we love to eat on chips in Mexican restaurants:)

The bottle is plastic. I went to their website, and they do produce glass bottle products. This must be a lower cost item for discount stores. I can only assume.

The initial flavor is vinegar. Almost a "spoiled" flavor, but not spoiled in a bad way ... kind of hard to put into words. You then taste the typical Louisiana hot sauce blend of flavors. Finally, the heat hits you and you understand that this is not Franks or Texas Pete's, etc. The Habs make it much hotter than those, but not insanely hot.

I've tasted better sauces, but this isn't bad. I think the funky "spoiled" flavor, as I called it, may turn some people off. But for under a buck, it wouldn't hurt to find out if you like it or not.

419771_3415125507252_1543507991_33111238_684228210_n.jpg

lol I'll try pretty much any sauce under $1, and when I saw these for $0.70 I couldn't resist. It's not the worst I've ever had and it's pretty hot. Seems a little salty to me (straight) but works pretty good on eggs and potatoes. I've never been a fan of Louisiana Style sauces so I might not be the best person to rate it but in terms of heat per $ it was a good deal.

Back