• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Pap Ik Pure Smoked Habanero Pepper (powder)

The Peppermaster picked up a sample of this at the Fiery Foods show.

It's made in Mexico and it's got the look of fine sawdust about it.

Having your house burn down is NOT conducive to being a pepper tester when it comes to Chipotle! Let me tell you.

The first smell that comes off this powder is the smell of fire. Good if you like that sort of thing. It smells just like my kitchen did after the fire.

If you thought that pure habanero couldn't get any hotter, try it powdered. Oweeee!

There is nothing to this powder but straight up smoked habanero flavour. And being a powder, the flavour goes everywhere the saliva touches.

Once the smoke flavour is gone from the tongue, the burn continues, like a hot smolder. And unlike the fresh habanero, the bite it up front and immediate; on the tongue, not back in the throat.

I can see lots of uses for this, but with this kind of heat, I would use it very sparingly.

Nice product.

T

Hey Tina,
If you shoot me an address I will send you some of the chipotle that I made last year. It's a mix of Jalapeno, Serrano, Hawaiian Sweet Hot, and Orange Habs smoked at a low heat for about 8 hours over apple wood. Unique smokey flavor and a nice amount of heat.

Something tells me that I'm going to be asked to taste a lot of chipotle's in the hopes that someone will send one that I like regardless of the smoke.

Go for it P, I sent you an address.

T

Tina,
I don't sell it yet. Last year was the first time making it and I thought it turned out pretty good. I hope you enjoy, I will get some off in the mail this weekend.

Back