• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Paprika?

Hello peoples,

What are your favourite varieties to make paprika?

I'm not thinking of hot or super hot, mostly just mild to mid level heat and even non-hot capsicum varieties.
(Is regular non-hot pepper talk normal in these forums? I like all kinds of peppers.)

Do you guys usually mix different varieties together for your paprika or are there varieties that are typically 'go to' varieties?

Have a great day. :)  :onfire:

Here's some:

Sweet - Papri, Bacskai Feher, Feher Ozon
Mild - Black Hungarian, Szeged, Szegedi 80
Medium - Kalocsai V-2
Hot - Leutschauer
Very Hot - Sibirischer Hauspaprika

You can try them straight up, or do some blends - up to you.

Paprika is fun! You should try a few.

DownRiver said:
Here's some:

Sweet - Papri, Bacskai Feher, Feher Ozon
Mild - Black Hungarian, Szeged, Szegedi 80
Medium - Kalocsai V-2
Hot - Leutschauer
Very Hot - Sibirischer Hauspaprika

You can try them straight up, or do some blends - up to you.

Paprika is fun! You should try a few.

Yes, i will be experimenting. :)

Dr. Weird said:
How about varieties like Chilhuacle Negro, Poblano or Pasilla?
I actually have Chilihuaca plants, but they initially never brown fruits.  They came out like mini green bells.  Then again, I could have just bee to impatient.

Chorizo857_62J said:
I actually have Chilihuaca plants, but they initially never brown fruits.  They came out like mini green bells.  Then again, I could have just bee to impatient.

I wouldn't know, i'm growing some for the first time myself, if they're like Poblanos they probably start green and then get darker?

Dr. Weird said:

I wouldn't know, i'm growing some for the first time myself, if they're like Poblanos they probably start green and then get darker?
That's what I am thinking.  Plants are flowering again, so hopefully I will have pods soon.

Chorizo857_62J said:
That's what I am thinking.  Plants are flowering again, so hopefully I will have pods soon.
Mine have just started turning in mass.  They will turn dark brown to almost black.  I think I have pictures on my glog.  

A pic of the Ahi Dulce. Probably sideways.  Get over it.

Attachments

• 20180212_133350.jpg
    20180212_133350.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 84
Back